insuring an import?!?

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
hey everyone,

has anyone here got a good place to get a March insured? places like confused.com and they don't recognise the numberplate, and stupid Admiral with their multicar policy doesn't support import cars.

any help??

what are you buying now NeX?

nothing..... bloody Sky wont insure me because had an accedent that wasn't my fault...

I ####ING HATE INSURANCE!!! i am so close to just not insuring the car, i really don't care any more. i would be happy to pay, if someone would insure me, not even ardian flux will insure me, they say they can't do a March.

this is stupid, anyone got any other ideas?

right i got a quote of £452.13 TPFT from Adrian flux after i moaned at them,

it costs me £400 to insure both my other cars which are both modified with Admiral multicar policy. its a bit of a joke that just because it is not uk means that it costs twice as much.

I'd say stop moaning, really i think £453 is a very good quote, considering age and that its an import... It costs my £570 with 2 years no claims and i'm pretty much the same age as you, and theres nothing special about my car!

I'd say stop moaning, really i think £453 is a very good quote, considering age and that its an import... It costs my £570 with 2 years no claims and i'm pretty much the same age as you, and theres nothing special about my car!

well it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that i only pay £400 for both my other cars, and they are both modified,

the only difference is that this one is imported and suddenly it is double the price. i need to pay for the insurance before i go and pick up the car and pay for that as well, so that is the cost of the car and the insurance in one go. around this time of year too, the more money i could save the better.

Rediculous! Any luck with Chris Knott mate? If you give them that Flux quote they should be able to beat it

will give them a try tomorrow, 4 hours of talking to insurance companies will drive anyone mad.

Hmm, well i wish i could get my car insured as cheap as you have managed! :) I may give chris knott a ring!

who are you with?

have you tried Admeral? and is your car stock?

i am sure you can get it cheaper

do you have any accidents or convictions? cos i have 2 speeding fines and two accidents that wern't my fault on mine, and my cars are on a multicar policy that also includes my brother's car.

Damn you, If only I had enough money to insure it for you! Then again, I might have to keep it ;)
Good luck dude, I really do hope you get insured!

Very strange how Sky wont insure you because you had an accident. I had an unfortunate fender bender in 2006 which was my fault, (I was the guy at the back of the pileup grr) and they have insured me no problem. Also even though my car is a UK Micra and not a March, the insurance is through Chaucer on a Grey Import policy........go figure :/

Very strange how Sky wont insure you because you had an accident. I had an unfortunate fender bender in 2006 which was my fault, (I was the guy at the back of the pileup grr) and they have insured me no problem. Also even though my car is a UK Micra and not a March, the insurance is through Chaucer on a Grey Import policy........go figure :/

Odd well we will see what the guy at sky can do. Still gotta try that other one too

Bit of a bizarre one this one, and crossed wires it appears. The reason we told the customer we couldn't do this one is that the target rate we were going against was £200, which is below our minimum premium. I have spoken to NeX and it transpires that the target rate was incorrect.

I am just on about to phone our underwriters and I am confident that we will smash the rate we are now up against.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Our quote is £321 250 XS, NeX is a happy chappy!

Bit of a bizarre one this one, and crossed wires it appears. The reason we told the customer we couldn't do this one is that the target rate we were going against was £200, which is below our minimum premium. I have spoken to NeX and it transpires that the target rate was incorrect.

I am just on about to phone our underwriters and I am confident that we will smash the rate we are now up against.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Our quote is £321 250 XS, NeX is a happy chappy!

thanks for getting in touch with me mate :D very pleasent to deal with, just seems like a minor cockup, i had the same problem with Adrian Flux when they told me they couldn't insure my car because it was an import, i just phoned them again, i should have done the same with Sky.

thanks for your help again, i will probably be getting in touch with you and chucking on some modifications too for the future :D

just called Chris Knott,

they failed lol, TPFT = £400 fully comp £580

so Sky looks like the winner :D

meh, ollie managed to guess whilst drunk lol

Oh come on NeX, are you ever going to buy a car which isn't a K11??

I doubt you'd import a standard March it would have to be a March Cab.

You forget how well I know you, even if I am not all there!

Oh come on NeX, are you ever going to buy a car which isn't a K11??

I doubt you'd import a standard March it would have to be a March Cab.

You forget how well I know you, even if I am not all there!

lol i would buy an ST ;) and i did have a k10 at one point ;) a collet i belive :D

no standard aint really my thing lol

lol get out of my head!! lol

Back