Installing Central Locking

I am trying to install central locking in a nissan Micra LX, I bought all the bits (Except door lock timer) from the local breaker yard.

My car is an L reg, I got the bits out of a k reg, hoping it will be o.k..

I can not find the door lock timer, Nissan say it is at the top of the steering column or at the bottom of the centre console. I cant find it! the difficulty is I am not sure what it look like.

Does any one know where this door lock timer is?

hi mate, i did a post in k11 general about central locking as i am doing exctly the same thing. fitting nissan stock central locking into a k11 Lx1.3

i am using primera actuators and control box.

because of the way the locks and switches work, the signal from the actuators that says they have changed possition has to be ignored by the motors for a second to give the motors time to move. if they didn't then the motors would open and close in a vibrating way because they are geting the signal to close because they didn't have time to open.

its alot easier to see it all working, i should have filmed it on my mobile when i was testing the system on the bench...

anyway you need this magic box, the box has a relay in it and the relay isolates the signal from the motors for 1 second whilst the motors move. the box is about 2.5 inches across, 0.3 inches in width and about 3 inches high. it slides onto a plate of metal under the drivers footwell.. the one in my Gx is black and says "central locking control unit" on it :D the one in the primera is a white box with no markings :(

to make the box work you need to match the colour coded wires up. there are 4 for each actuator, ground, signal and two high guage motor wires. this only applies to the front doors. back doors just have motor wires.

then you need to power the box itself. one ground wire, one low guage 12v+ wire and one high guage 12v+ wire to power the motors.

its really easy to do, and really easy to find if you get your head in the foot well lol

if you have any problems let me know, or if you want help installing it then drop by ;)

BTW if you spot a micra with electric windows let me know, cos normally if they had central locking they usually had electric windows too ;)

good luck mate :D

Back