Installing AirCon in Non AirCon SLX

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
You have 2 options.

1) Strip the AC system from a wrecked micra and install it in yours and hope the compressor isnt a dud.

2) Get an aftermarket AC system installed.

May i suggest option #2? Nissan dont seem to put alot of effort into their AC systems and the compressors they use are crap. By using an aftermarket AC system you will be able to afford to fix it if it breaks in the future.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Mate i don't want to sound negative but sell the car and buy one with aircon.

I checked the cost of aircon and powersteering for Micra's before i brought mine because there seemed to be alot around with 1 or the other.

If you where to pick a car with one or the other i'd go for the one with powersteering.

Maybe you'll get lucky and pick up an aircon unit cheap, there always seems to be someone turbocharging there car on this site and ripping out the air..

Good luck anyway

CMF_Hoopla

» CMF Member
The Micra has got power steering, so yep air con is missing. Don't want to sell the car as it has low k's and got it dirt cheap, so that's why I was looking at air con options, thanks

cisco

» CMF Member
I was told recently by 2 separate places that nobody makes aftermarket air con kits for the micra in Australia any more. So good luck with finding something, not sure what's going to be out there just off hearing that etc..

A full transplant from a wreck might be the go.

As long as you can find the compressor and the fittings for the interior and from there in etc, you can get those custom air con places that will make up any shape lines and you could get a generic condensor and gas canister I think aswell. So maybe you only need a couple of the key parts from a wreck.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Just while on the topic of aircon,I would like to mention that the micra i'm currently driving (my brothers) is an slx i think.
And has a different aircon set up under the bonnet to my Super s.

God i'm missing driving my micra hopefully should be back on the road in a few months.

Back