Incompatible HT Leads (some HT leads don't fit!)

Hey everyone, this is my first post here although given the trouble my micra's giving me you'll probably see a lot more of me!

I got some new HT leads for my Micra (K11, '98, CG10DE, dizzy not coilpack) from a scrappy friend of mine, but they don't reach down far enough to the plugs and are visually different to the current ones (see pictures - old left, scrappy right). I think the new leads were off of a newer car.

IMG_20240616_214750050.jpg
IMG_20240616_214840960_HDR.jpg

The new lead's plugs are shorter by the length of the notched section on the old, and lining them up and looking inside, the contact seems to be about a half centimetre too far in. I've been using amayama's diagrams to try and get the right part numbers so I can order a set off eBay, but all the listings I find list compatibility with all of the all three facelifts and so I'm worried that they won't fit even though the listings list the part number according to the diagrams.

Does anyone know the length the plugs are meant to be? Or why there's this discrepancy between the two sets of plugs - ie the part numbers for each? Any information would be useful! I can't find anyone online (even here) discussing the two styles of ht leads but a google search shows ones that look like mine and ones that look like those off the scrappy. Thanks everyone in advance.

Back