in need of serious help and im a technician

currently got a 1.0l k11 micra m reg
problems at the moment the car is reluctant to start but the battery and alternator i drop tested and the results showed it was working fine. when it does start the engine runs but only when the throttle is on foot off and it dies.
also when the car is driving it just dies when gearing down to stop.
but as soon as you open the throttle it runs well.
has anybody had this problem with there k11 any suggestions open
cheers

should be in the k11 section

if you search you will find this problem, it is a problem with the throttle body, and the air mass sensor

nex that's what i thought it might be but from previous experience i know that is a expensive job would it be worth finding a ga16de t/b or one of a 1.3 how do you set the micra timing i know the correct setting but where do you adjust it from.
also there is a loose pipe looks like a gear box breather is that mean't to be loose.
when revving it sounds like it rit's a flat spot at 4,000 rpm aswell only for a sec then passes past it

nex that's what i thought it might be but from previous experience i know that is a expensive job would it be worth finding a ga16de t/b or one of a 1.3 how do you set the micra timing i know the correct setting but where do you adjust it from.
also there is a loose pipe looks like a gear box breather is that mean't to be loose.
when revving it sounds like it rit's a flat spot at 4,000 rpm aswell only for a sec then passes past it

well again like i said it is worth searching the site. you have to take the side off the TB and resolder the contacts as they get dry and it gives a miss reading to the ECU.

a GA16de TB will just give you more problems, there is issues with the idle control valve as it fouls on the fuel rail.

there are a few pipes that go into inlet manifold or on the bottom of the airbox, some are just breathers some are vacume pipes. breathers will go to the airbox, vaccume pipes go to the inlet manifold.

but as far as i know, the only vaccume pipe on the k11 is the brake servo.

also why are you revving it above 4000? the car should be able to drive normally in most situations without breaking 3500

have you tried turning the idle speed up a bit? there's a screw at the rear left corner of tb (as you look at it from front of car) a 6mm allen key will allow you to wind it out slightly to increase idle speed.

Back