I can't wait any longer!!!

L

Lori

Ok, so I can't wait any longer. I'm on the hunt for my K12 now :blush:

I was just wondering though, as I've never sold a car before. How do you go about doing it?

If I sold my car first before buying one, then that'd leave me car-less. But on the other hand, I need the money from my car sale to go towards buying another one, LoL - if that makes sense. It's a vicous circle. How do you get round that :laugh:

Sell and buy on a weekend where you dont have to be anywhere important? Arrange for the buyer to pick up the old car say the friday evening, and then get the new car delivered the saturday morning for example.

Thanks.

What you after rallybunny?

I'm after a black 5 door K12 SE. Can't wait :love:

fraz_micra_88 said:
y a 5 door can i ask?? most people want like a 2 door
It's more practical for me. I'm have passengers quite often and a dog and it's a pain climbing over seats and my dog leaving half the beach in both the front and the back, LoL :laugh:

As an example of Dealer Prices, or at least ours :D

I've had a quick look through the system to see what I can find, the cheapest 5dr S is an '03 plate with 20k on the clock in Aruba Blue for £4995, cheapest 5dr above that is an SX '03 29k on the clock in grey for £5489...

Have a look on www.dixonmotors.co.uk, if there is anything I can help with on there feel free to give me a shout...

Layla said:
trade in? gets rid of your old car, gets you a new one cheaper.
But I was under the impression that I'd be better off selling my car privately and putting the money towards car. Wouldn't I lose out if I did part-x?

Also, it must be SE or above, as I particularly need air-con :)

Judging by the prices, I'm guessing I' going to have to buy private. As I really can't go over my £5,000 budget.

Other option is to get a silly low rate finance option from a dealer. Your not going to make a fortune but if you can get an interest rate from your bank that is higher than the interest rate you borrow your money at which shouldn't be difficult you can make money on the money your saving to give tyou a little extra to spend...

Also means you can get a better car than you may think :D

Just had a quick look on Auto Trader, you mayy need to wait a while as there do not seem to be many 5dr K12 SE's or SX's available on there either :(

Just a thought, I know you wanted a 5 door but to get the trim level you wanted could you live with a 3 Door? I know it's a bit of a comprimise but would open up your options a lot and mean you could get a newer car for your money!

Lori said:
Ok, so I can't wait any longer. I'm on the hunt for my K12 now :blush:

I was just wondering though, as I've never sold a car before. How do you go about doing it?

If I sold my car first before buying one, then that'd leave me car-less. But on the other hand, I need the money from my car sale to go towards buying another one, LoL - if that makes sense. It's a vicous circle. How do you get round that :laugh:

I dont think selling private will get you much more than Part-exchange tbh. for a low budget car you're looking at a maximum of 500 pounds extra but its less in most cases.

i bought my 1.4 SX black 03 plate for 4995 with 15k miles on the clock but the good thing is the finance rate is 6.5% from a main dealer im talking about! get some loan quotes, print it out then force them to match it!!

if you dont like waiting then its defo the best choice

tse_adam said:
i bought my 1.4 SX black 03 plate for 4995 with 15k miles on the clock but the good thing is the finance rate is 6.5% from a main dealer im talking about! get some loan quotes, print it out then force them to match it!!

Or just get a friend in a Dealer to sort something out in the first place :D

rhaines said:
Just a thought, I know you wanted a 5 door but to get the trim level you wanted could you live with a 3 Door? I know it's a bit of a comprimise but would open up your options a lot and mean you could get a newer car for your money!
I see what you're saying, but I definitley want a 5 door. Gosh I'm being quite picky aren't I :wasntme: LoL

tse_adam said:
I dont think selling private will get you much more than Part-exchange tbh. for a low budget car you're looking at a maximum of 500 pounds extra but its less in most cases.

if you dont like waiting then its defo the best choice
Wow, that's a really good deal!!! Maybe I should go asking around for some deals with part-x. I just assumed I'd lose out that way.

Ok, so after a bit looking around, I've decided I'm willing to sacrifice the 5 door for a 3 door. But the micra must be black and must have air con. If anybody spots anything, I'd be very grateful ;)

Back