How to prepare a Nissan Micra K11 for long ride

Dear friends. About to go the way of 800km. What can you advise prior to departure. What to check and what is the spare parts to carry. What do I need to replace before departure. Do you even dare to put such a length of 1600 km? My Nissan Micra K11 is from 2001, engine 1.0. Thanks in advance

And talk 2 it in a caring manor so it will love you and not want 2 break down
Don't forget giving it the 'pep talk', something along the lines of; "Me and you have been friends for a long time. We go way back. You are more than a car, you are a trusty steed galloping across the meadows. We will achieve great things... we will get to Bristol. Great rewards await us there, oils of the finest variety."

800km... whats that in miles.. thats only 500 miles... jesus, nothing I would just drive it. 1600 as well! no issues, just give it a service if you are worried man

Id say check water level, oil level, tyre pressure and check all lights ghen get yourself down to the off license and get your self a 6 pack of *toilet roll unless you get caught short*.... Before you know it you will be there in no time feeling good and *empty*!!!

J

Last edited by a moderator:
dont forget petrol :p

Petrol?? Wtf !! With all that drinking whilst driving and not forgetting the mother nature to go with it am sure when Alfieri needs to take a slash he could empty his bladder by urinating in the petrol tank to cater for petrol for his loong journey :D ...... Actually Better take some 100% proof vodka also jussssssssssst incase!

Just quickly andy, you heard of Teeside TinTin before by anychance???

J

Last edited:
Petrol?? Wtf !! With all that drinking whilst driving and not forgetting the mother nature to go with it am sure when Alfieri needs to take a slash he could empty his bladder by urinating in the petrol tank to cater for petrol for his loong journey :D ...... Actually Better take some 100% proof vodka also jussssssssssst incase!

Just quickly andy, you heard of Teeside TinTin before by anychance???

J
:D ye, class

Id say check water level, oil level, tyre pressure and check all lights ghen get yourself down to the off license and get your self a 6 pack of *toilet roll unless you get caught short*.... Before you know it you will be there in no time feeling good and *empty*!!!

J
Edited, because 'doing the drugs' and and 'drinking the alcohol' is dangerous when combined with driving.

I bought my GX in feb 2012 so it was 69,000 miles. Now it's two years so far, it's 114500 now. The difference is 45,500 miles has gone up now. Do you know why? I look after this GX engine very well and always good at mpg as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my GX in feb 2012 so it was 69,000 miles. Now it's two years so far, it's 114500 now. The difference is 45,500 miles has gone up now. Do you know why? I look after this GX engine very well and always good at mpg as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swapped to clocks with a tacho?

i used to swap with sr clock (fuel gauge was not reading properly) but i always correct with my gx miles. this is no joke though. I drive everywhere man so i spent more than £5000 petrol for two years now.

Back