How to fix this light damage

ClnlPanic

Ex. Club Member
Hi MSC,

Any idea what I should best do about this?

fapndaabk.jpg

Front left wheel arch

fapniaabk.jpg

Back left wheel arch

Thanks for any advice,

Joe

easiest way would be to get some rust treatment and a touch up pen...more involved would be a sand down and a light spray over...or even more work should you want to remove / cover up the dint.

Unbolt the bumper on that corner so you can get underneath and treat it.

Thanks very much, I'll get hold of some tomorrow.

The gash only happened a few months ago, is there really much chance the rust is also on the back of the panel, do I really need to take the bumper off to treat the back too? I don't have great facilities or tools and it'd be a bit of a headache for me to get the back bumper off what with the jacking and chocking and unbolting, but tell me if it really is advisable and I'll get the garage to do it.

I'm so lazy :p

The touchup pens from Nissan are a good match. Around £7
They come with a tiny wire brush to clean out the rust from the scratch.

If you haven't done any painting before just take your time and try not to use too much paint.
A cocktail stick or thin piece of wire is good for getting paint into fine scratches.

The damage doesn't look very bad, so should just be the rust you can see.

So I should get a proper nissan one rather than Halfords' pen? I looked on the nissan aftersales site and couldn't find any.

I found halfords silver to be a very poor match for my Primera.
My Mrs has a metallic green Micra. The Nissan touchup pen is a very good match.

You will need the colour code off of the car.
It is on the VIN plate which you will find under the bonnet near the windscreen wipers I think.
Ring or visit your local Nissan dealer parts dept.

Halfords paint may be a good match for your colour but it wasn't for mine.

I personally prefer nissan paint, but up to you really :) any nissan dealer will be able to sort you out.

Just behind that corner where the bumper fits is a philips headed bolt (you'll be able to feel it), unbolting it will give you a little extra working room as the bumper will drop slightly on the corner...no real need to remove the bumper totally. :)

Back