how the st works

Glen

Club Member
can anyone explain to me how the st works. i know the supercharger starts then it changes to turbo but how does it do this and also how is it all piped up. how hard would it be to recrate this system on another car

can anyone explain to me how the st works. i know the supercharger starts then it changes to turbo but how does it do this and also how is it all piped up. how hard would it be to recrate this system on another car

Do a search mate its been covered plenty of times(Y)

Baz

how does the electromagnetic clutch work to disengage anyone got a diagram or pictures on how it works

i have a question, on my ST i can hear the super charger engage and sounds like a cow type noise (is this normal) quite a now pitch whine but quite loud, also granted it has an auto box but the super charger does not seem to do a lot for the power but it does gather boost so that the gauge reads ZERO in the INHG gauge and them the Turb comes intoplay

is this all normal?

cheers

Steve

To answer Glen about the supercharger electromagnetic clutch - it is very similar to the way the aircon engages when the temp sensor switches the compressor on or off to keep the temp between two temp ranges.

Glen its all controlled by the ECU on the ST. there are about three solenoids throttle position sensors and the clutch.

Depending on this and rpm etc the ecu decides what its doing.

I really wouldn't bother. The benefits wont outweigh the required work input. I can map anything so yes but if it would be smooth etc between sc/turbo is a whole other matter.

well i was looking at having forced induction before the turbo kicks in and the only way i could see is the same setup as the st

Back