Hi, newbie needs advice on buying.

Hi all, please be gentle with the newbie.
I am looking around at Micras, probably looking at 1997 - 2000. Is there anything I need to look out for, ie. any common faults, niggles, noises, wear n tear etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
P.:grinning:

check the front xmember and the sills...any rust on the arches..rattles on start up. ....ex fordman me self mate and i wont be going back to them .....

well come to the club mate

Thanks for the warm welcome. My Ford days are also over, just trying to get rid of a nightmare mondeo diesel (dont get me started...lol).
What's the usual startup rattle? Timing ? Water pump? ....
I dont mind rattles as long as they're cheap to fix.

Once again many thanks. Glad to be a member, looks like a club full of good, knowledgeable people.

Front cross member (bottom bar)

All along the sills and especially near the rear of the car and check for any signs of repair as it can cost you dearly in the long run

Chain rattle on start up and even when upto tempature....even tho a chain last more then a belt they still stretch and can reduce peformance of the veichale...especially if the mileage is over 80k

Check the car doesnt stall at junctions as the throttle bodies are expensive to replace I.E recondition units are £140

And the usual checks you make on any kinda car like vin plate and service histroy e.c.t

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Compared to some owners forums this seems to be very well organised, with well informed members. A breath of fresh air.

Glad to be onboard.....

Thanks, Paul.

Back