HELP

the car alarm is a selca cat 2 to 1 FC6.71

the key has a small transponder unit attached to it so when thats on the ignition it allows the car to start. When i put the key in and turn the car starts fine. It will idle for 3 second or so then shut off. If i try turning the key again the engine will just turn over and not start. If the key is taken fully out of the ignition, put back in and turned again the car starts for another 3 seconds or so.

ide have a look at all the wiring,especially the engine bay for water damage,coroded wires,,etc,,,

mine got wet during the conversion,and wouldt let me start the car or work the alarm of it,,i jus ripped it out in the end

do you want a permanent solution or a quick fix?

because the alarm when off in my bro's car and he couldn't stop it so we pulled the large plug out of the bottom of the alarm box.

long term you'll have to talk to the supplier.

may be the chip in the key is not being picked up by the coil properly. check all the wires to the ignition if you can.

is it in warranty?

does the car have "NATS" as well because the two systems could be conflicting...

replace the ECU with one that doesn't have "NATS"

that's all i can think of at the mo' :)

let us know how you get on...

NeX said:
do you want a permanent solution or a quick fix?

because the alarm when off in my bro's car and he couldn't stop it so we pulled the large plug out of the bottom of the alarm box.

long term you'll have to talk to the supplier.

may be the chip in the key is not being picked up by the coil properly. check all the wires to the ignition if you can.

is it in warranty?

does the car have "NATS" as well because the two systems could be conflicting...

replace the ECU with one that doesn't have "NATS"

that's all i can think of at the mo' :)

let us know how you get on...

thats what i thought about the nats, but i dont believe so as its not stamped on the key or window.

This is the problem since its a full thatcham cat 1 alarm i doubt just pulling the plug will work. And the alarm is a totally seperate unit on the imobiliser, they run on seperate circuits... to make it more difficult the imobiliser runs on 2. I was thinking maybe i could pull both fuses out of the imobilser box which would prevent it from arming? Although doing this maybe render the car unable to start at all...

Ian

Back