Help settle an arguement...

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
As a rough (but educated!) guess. How much bhp do you think the following would put out:

- K11, with CGA13DE (1.4 Litre) engine
- full janspeed system (manifold should fit as aircon isnt a problem)
- non-restrictive air intake (primera airbox + green/k&n panel filter)
- fast road cams
- emanage ultimate (correctly mapped)
- a little bit of head work

really random i know :p thanks!

the arguement basically was my brother thought a tuned xr2i fiesta (1.6, 8value, old CVH engine) would wipe the floor with a tuned 1.4 cga3de (NON using a turbo/nos)

i was tryin to argue the point that the tuned xr2i may be a little faster but not that much as the nissan engines are much more modern and urm... better! Also the xr2i come with parts from factory more aimed at performance, whereas the micra comes with parts aimed for emissions and economy, so i was trying to argue the point that tuning the micra would make more difference in bhp - which should compensate for the big difference in bhp of the factory versions of both the cars (as the xr2i comes with fairly high-performance parts as standard!)

sorry if that makes no sense at all!

8 valve engines are better for acceleration but 16 valve engines are better for top end speed, or is it the other way around? something like that anyway

D4R73N said:
Cars dont keep the same BHP forever... A 1997 Micra might only have 78ish standard now-a-days...

ri...te maybe i should have mentioned assuming both engines have been re-conned then...

as for the 8v/16v i just thought 16v meant it could rev easier, as it can breathe better. i know an 8v could easily have more low-down torque so it doesnt exactly mean an 16v would be faster i guess.

rlees85 said:
As a rough (but educated!) guess. How much bhp do you think the following would put out:

- K11, with CGA13DE (1.4 Litre) engine
- full janspeed system (manifold should fit as aircon isnt a problem)
- non-restrictive air intake (primera airbox + green/k&n panel filter)
- fast road cams
- emanage ultimate (correctly mapped)
- a little bit of head work

really random i know :p thanks!

Quite possibly zero, as the mk4's have only the one cat which is in the manifold and the sensors are on either side of this. I originally looked into this for my mk4 and couldn't be bothered with the hassle at the time of getting round this problem. Unless you use the Emanage to get rid of the lambda sensors

mike said:
Quite possibly zero, as the mk4's have only the one cat which is in the manifold and the sensors are on either side of this. I originally looked into this for my mk4 and couldn't be bothered with the hassle at the time of getting round this problem. Unless you use the Emanage to get rid of the lambda sensors

basically the janspeed stuff may not work with post 2000 k11's? crap :(

possibly not, you might get away with putting the lambda back in somewhere else though, after the cat maybe.

Back