Heating not working...

my brothers does it.. its the hot cold switcher broke.. he can only leave it on hot.. it will go back down to cold but cant go back to hot after..

meh i know :D

well get a new switch system the pannel.. or move it manualy when u take it apart and leave it on hot like my bro does :p

and when its hot open a window what ever you want he aint no modder.

Sounds to me like you haven't switched your airpan to "winter" check on the end of the airpan.

For once I agree with siy, the airpan thing is for the carb heating, the heater matrix is part of the water sytem not the heater system, as siy said the hot/cold switch broke, it's the same on mine, just move it manually. It's in the drivers footwell near the front of the car

Hot/cold never did anything on my car. If you want hot air, switch the air to come out the footwells or the windows. If you want cold, set it to come out the dashboard.

i know wot bit u mean with the footwell and i used to always fiddle about with it but it always sprun g back it never stayed where it was supposed to and when i use the switch on the dash it works it just never blows hot air i can feel it changing settings and can hear the change in blower noise but seams to do nothing, has any one got any pictures??

No, dash out, removing water pipes, replacing water pipes, getting air out of the system, evil job, buy a cheapo 12v electric heater and screw it to your dash

I will find one in a sec, if you mount it inside the duct hose then noone will know it's there....

this sort of thing http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/200-watt-fan-heater-cooler-DC-12V-With-fixing-access_W0QQitemZ250308460922QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250308460922&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A2|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Mine has also stopped working recently, speedle will remember the tapping of the heaters in the k10, but the tapping stopped and the heat just isnt there anymore, gonna fix it soon i hope :)

there is room for mis diagnosis for this type of fault.
to summarise what everyone has said so far into one place with a few extras....

1. the dash forward facing vents are not designed to blow hot
2. move the temperature slider from left to right...it should give some mechanical resistance...if it feels slack then the cable might just have come off at the matrix end behind the dash.
3.If the cable IS connected and IS moving a control on the matrix...then, when the engine is hot, select the HOT setting. Go in the bonnet and find two pipes that gointo the center of the bulkhead thay are close together and are quite short.....check that both of these are getting piping hot. If one is very hot and one is cold theres a chance that there is something in the matrix blocking the circulation of hot water through it. if neither of these pipes are hetting hot then there is a prroblem with you cooling system on the engine...(dont drive till you det this fixed)

hope this helps....

my money is on a mechanical cable that has come off under the dash...sometimes a sprung steel clip comes off too (this holds the outer sheeth of the cable still against the matrix unit while the center cabe does the pushing / pulling

Back