headlight question

Later ones have one as standard.
They are more to meet European regulations rather than an enhancement so you would probably have to wire it from scratch.

Also, you would need headlamps with the adjustment motors fitted. I'm pretty sure only facelift K11s have these.

the regulation came in in 1995 though so if your car is post 95 and doesn't have them (due to it being imported or having dash/headlamps replaced at some stage in its life) you just need to go to a scrappys and get a switch and the motors as your loom should be intact.

some late 94 models may have the loom but no working parts so again its jst a scrappy job.

but if you have an earlier model than that you would have to wire it in, not impossible but requiring a fair bit of effort compared to the ultra slight gains

ahh mine is 1995, so am guessin just before the regulations came in. im only asking to clear something up, you see my mate has a corsa, and we where talking cause he is thikin of gettin one of those xenon or hid conversion kit thingys, but he thinks its illegal to put em on a car that doesnt have the alignment switch ect ect

HID's are illegal unless the vehicle comes with them as standard for example D1S, D1R, D2S, D2R etc. HID's which have been made to fit standard bulb fitments are illegal such as H1, H4 (Micra and most fitting cars), H7 etc. Though people still fit them and get away with it.

But if he wants something more along the lines of styling without breaking the bank, You can get Xtreme Blue +50% legal bulbs, which give off a nice blue reflection in the headlamp and is 50% brighter than a standard bulb. If you look at my blog I have put Yellow +30% in my headlamps and they have a nice reflection though I will be putting Xtreme Blue in later as I was only experimenting.

Back