headgasket

CMF_the legend

» CMF Member
By changing the thickness of the headgasket from 1.2 to 0.6mm i raise the compression does that give me more bhp or does this only make sense in combination with other cams? Or doesn't it give me more bhp at all?

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
By making the head gasket 0.6mm thinner the compression ratio will change from 9.5:1 to 10.22:1 for the 1.3L & 10.45:1 for the 1L

You'll want to use higher octane fuel to supress detonation.

With tuning you'll have more power.

Is 0.6mm the standard headgasket thickness for the 1L & 1.2mm for the 1.3L?

CMF_gu_niang1200

» CMF Member
tomei comes in the 0.7 mm gasket..so what compression ratio willit achieve with 1.3L engine? any side effects other then detonation? what will be the best octane level? octane 98 is it ok?

CMF_gu_niang1200

» CMF Member
tomei comes in the 0.7 mm gasket.. what comp ratio will i achieve witht the 0.7mm gasket on a 1.3L engine? other then detonation? any other side effects... bhp increases any idea what will be the amount eg... mabe? 5 bhp gain? or 8 bhp gain? will octane level 98 be enough >

CMF_the legend

» CMF Member
Thanks that answers my question.
So i'll gain more horsepower in combination with other cams.

nz_aj WROTE:

"By making the head gasket 0.6mm thinner the compression ratio will change from 9.5:1 to 10.22:1 for the 1.3L &amp; 10.45:1 for the 1L<BR><BR>You'll want to use higher octane fuel to supress detonation.<BR><BR>With tuning you'll have more power.<BR><BR>Is 0.6mm the standard headgasket thickness for the 1L &amp; 1.2mm for the 1.3L?

nz_aj WROTE:

"By making the head gasket 0.6mm thinner the compression ratio will change from 9.5:1 to 10.22:1 for the 1.3L &amp; 10.45:1 for the 1L<BR><BR>You'll want to use higher octane fuel to supress detonation.<BR><BR>With tuning you'll have more power.<BR><BR>Is 0.6mm the standard headgasket thickness for the 1L &amp; 1.2mm for the 1.3L?

nz_aj WROTE:

Back