head & twin TB's

micras69

Deactivated Account
wooop :D got my ported & polished head with 2mm skimm and twin TB setup today :D:D:D:D:D:D

just got to build the spare 1.3 now * gulp *

Attachments

• 000_0505.jpg
    000_0505.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 188
  • 000_0506.jpg
    000_0506.jpg
    987.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 000_0507.jpg
    000_0507.jpg
    1,014.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 000_0508.jpg
    000_0508.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 204
erm. looking at that head, and the exhaust outlets..... and the corosion on the combustion chambers/ face. it doesnt look like its been touched for a looong time.

a ported and polished head would have glass like smooth and shiney exhaust outlets where material has been removed and a high state of polish has been applied. the inlet would be free from obstructions and be smooth to touch but a slight matte finish. the combustion chambers should be a very high state of polish too with possibly slightly reshaped outer edges...
and a 2mm skim would reduce a cylinder head to nothing more than an expensive paper weight. 2mm is an awefull lot to remove. and it doesnt look like it has been..

sorry matey but i think you have been had on that one going by the pictures..

unless....they are off frank and they are the ones hes allready used and its dirty from that....lol

erm. looking at that head, and the exhaust outlets..... and the corosion on the combustion chambers/ face. it doesnt look like its been touched for a looong time.

a ported and polished head would have glass like smooth and shiney exhaust outlets where material has been removed and a high state of polish has been applied. the inlet would be free from obstructions and be smooth to touch but a slight matte finish. the combustion chambers should be a very high state of polish too with possibly slightly reshaped outer edges...
and a 2mm skim would reduce a cylinder head to nothing more than an expensive paper weight. 2mm is an awefull lot to remove. and it doesnt look like it has been..

sorry matey but i think you have been had on that one going by the pictures..

unless....they are off frank and they are the ones hes allready used and its dirty from that....lol

lol yes they are of frank bud, and i dont think he is the kind of person to rip someone off!!

should i clean it up? if so what with and any chemicals???

lol yes they are of frank bud, and i dont think he is the kind of person to rip someone off!!

should i clean it up? if so what with and any chemicals???

naaah. use a drill and a wire brush. should get it a nice shiney finish. or you could soak it in parrafin or gunk.:grinning:

lol yeh, they were my head etc, :laugh:
micras69, a wire bit will scratch the surface, its shiny under all that carbon and a brillo pad will bring it back ok (and it will be covered in carbon again after about 50 miles, lol)
ant, a 2mm skim is the only way to get a decent c/r without fitting 1.0 or matt,s pistons :)

okies... no problem with top timing chain? cos even on a standard head my chain (a brand new one) isnt tight...

okies... no problem with top timing chain? cos even on a standard head my chain (a brand new one) isnt tight...

yeh, i fitted the head to a 70k mile engine and the lower chain was slapping like mad, so i dug out a low miler chain which was tight with the tensioner near max and the engine ran sweet :)
all this info (and pics of the shiny head) were in my blog, but it all dissapeared in the hack

some gunk and wire wool eh? sound good? im just going to buy new chains guys, then change them when they start to realy rattle

went to the brakers today and got a cgTB for £20 o_O bit of a rip but i had no choice realy.
i stript all all down and removed all the sensors.
mounting the t/p/s was easy to do just goes strate on. the MAF wasnt too bad but put up a little bit of a fight, made a hole in the side of the TB and placed the hotwire in but found that the butterfly wouldnt open all the way so i removed some of the plastich that i dont think is needed.

i now need to find a way to cover the circuit and solder on the coneting plug back on

and i have no idea how im going to encoperate the idle sensor but that can be done at a later date

so if anyone can help with some ideas to cover the circuit would be grate!

Attachments

• 000_0515.jpg
    000_0515.jpg
    969.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 000_0514.jpg
    000_0514.jpg
    1,009.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 000_0513.jpg
    000_0513.jpg
    1,005.8 KB · Views: 161
  • 000_0512.jpg
    000_0512.jpg