handeling

Mark

Ex. Club Member
Quarter time [split from handling thread]

james why are you claiming your standard k11 does quarter in 17.7 at 77mph?

None.

Well it's got a strut brace, and its on 15s which probably slows it down, but other than that, standard.

11-qtrtime.JPG

(terrible quality i know :S)

is that g-tec pro? there not all that accurate really just give you a idea ie you get a time say 15sec then you change youre exhaust to a full jobby 2 1/4" and then you do another run and get a 14.8, then you know youve improved

my mates got a race tecnology ap 22, thats a good piece of kit, much more accurate for these type of private test track type of things.

anyway this thread is about going round corners and through chicanes

i thought it was a gtech, obviously not accurate at all considering tommos modified k11 could only manage a 18.2

im not sure about whether the g-tec is more favorable to a better time or less accurate meaning youve got a slower time, all i can remember is it aint all that accurate

have you put the correct weight of the car in? including the driver etc.etc.

that ap 22 has to have the co. of the car aswell, all these little bits makes it a tad more accurate.

ohc_turbo said:
have you put the correct weight of the car in? including the driver etc.etc.

Why? You dont need to. Its a simple measurment of acceleration over time. From this you can work out anything. With a flat road I find the G-tech surprisingly accurate. I have got a 14.4 at santapod and best on G-tech is around +0.2-0.3 seconds. Given normal roads dont have such good grip i would say thats faily good. The main problem with G-tech is with slow cars where acceleration is quite low. But even then surprisinly close if done right (within half a second)

Ed

g-tecs do come in diffrent modles dont they, you can pick them up for new for £40 but there is a g-tec pro which looks a bit better.

there a good tool to see if youre making any improvement on youre times though, the times are consistent

the weight is only used for a BHP Figure, you have to also put in the CO and the rolling resistance, does the g-tec has this function, the top of the range one might

Alot of the G-tech times posted on here are not correct. For a start, the manual which comes with the G-tech says you're to do 5 runs. Ignore the worst two runs and average the other three. The fact pictures of G-tech readings are being stuck on here show this averaging calculation is being ignored!

lol, im not disputing the times you're getting, i mean i believe your hitting the 17's, ive seen your car go, but you cant just take the best time and wack it up. Im glad you did the average tho :)

I tested my g-tech at SP and the times that it came out with were only 1 tenth out, so not wildly inaccurate.

Mark said:
i thought it was a gtech, obviously not accurate at all considering tommos modified k11 could only manage a 18.2

but my cars shatpank apparently lol

but from what i gather, and im not gonna start a mass debate but i discussed it over msn with a few mates with g-techs who pointed out that apparently there useless under 100bhp as theres not enough power (thats a serious comment not a dig) to trigger the motion sensors properly :/

I dont rate gtech times to be honest, you know i'm gonna be racing you at the pod james lol. I've already beat a 1.3 16v k11 at the pod and i'll do it again lol.

G-techs are not that reliable in a K10 as not being funny they are not really fast enough to reliably mesure the acceleration. When used correcly they are amazinly accurate.

Mark said:
I dont rate gtech times to be honest, you know i'm gonna be racing you at the pod james lol. I've already beat a 1.3 16v k11 at the pod and i'll do it again lol.
Bring it on is all I'll say! :)

Back