green tarmac

R

RIK

my street atm is dug up and curbs lowerd all around and grass has gone! cos it gets very busy and not many have drives,,,

anyway,just found out our street is the first in the country to have this new surface,,and tv an press or gunna be here when its done,,,aparently
dunno why they chose ours for it cos its a small crescent that only people that live on the street use..no through road

so my micra could be on telly...woop

we are in the same position. Every other street on the estate has them, we hope ours is next. There is no where at all to park.

well we are paying the council workres to build out drive,or at least start it by clearing the wall and the trees/dirt.....paying them to do it cash in hand in there dinner hour lol

the ones on the msc that have been to mine know that my stret is hard to get parked...and the bin men cant get round in the mornings either,so this should make it alot better

Sounds pretty tight. The road where I grew up has now changed and all the kerbs are lowered, and people now have drive ways when really it was never needed. There was space, people just got protective and selfish. Now the road has lost all its colour along with the front gardens and just looks horrendous, grey and dull. There is now also less parking, since 1 house drive way = 1.5 spaces ish and so its really was a waste of time.

there a certain amount of willy waving here? :p

The street that I grew up in in Leeds was privately owned, only half of it was tarmaced (half of the length) and was soo tight you could only get the wee dustbin lorries down it. Only one place to turn round in it too.

Nice to see ure corrupting the StreetWise people Rik. They came and put a roundabout in up here in Wath for the fun of it the other month.

got home today and thhe two 30 foot conifers have been ripped out by a jcb lol and all the wall kicked in haha,cant see the garden anymore now :D

now its my job to cut em up into bits to go to the tip grr over the weekend
the we can grap some old slabs off the stree wen they rip the last of them up to use on the drive..or try and et some spare tarmac and pay em to roll it over for us :D

well they started the green bits this week....and i have herd that if you park on it you get a fine.so i dont see the point of lowering the kurbs now

they also been filling up our drive!! saved me ££££'s

Attachments

• Photo-0178.jpg
    Photo-0178.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 179
  • Photo-0177.jpg
    Photo-0177.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 170
  • Photo-0176.jpg
    Photo-0176.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 210
RIK said:
i have herd that if you park on it you get a fine.so i dont see the point of lowering the kurbs now

You aught to be careful then as your drive is now green and we all know what traffic wardens are like :grinning:

masterbiker said:
You aught to be careful then as your drive is now green and we all know what traffic wardens are like :grinning:

haha yea they will give me half a ticket jut for the front wheels :D

i think we havin summat else on the top.it still nees some more filling :( .atm im bumping up those planks..

Back