Gearstick noise

Jay101

Black&Yellow
As you probably know I have a new toy attached to my gear lever. On low revs I get a noise, only way to describe it is when you hold a original gearknob sometimes and put a bit of pressure on it.
Is this causing damage?

Cheers

Is your new knob heavy?

Just thinking it could be "pulling" on the shaft.

It must just be vibrations you're noticing more since it's much bigger.

Innuendos, anyone? xD

Yep its heavier, grown abit over the last few days. I'm worried if it will jump out of gear ie accelerating and braking :p

I had the same problem with my 8ball knob as others have too... I think its to do with the weight being different making the knob vibrate differently, & also the material it's made out of... What is your new knob?

I remember reading in Cisco's Micra files that the noise us very common & Nissan are aware if it which effects how they make the gear knobs with regards to weight/materials. I remember there being a guide on there, like in the bit were he has FAQ section, were he describes how to reduce the noise.

I don't think you'll be doing any harm? I had mine on for ages no problem & I know offers have had them on for years...

WTF!? I've just checked your blog... Seriously... Thats your gear lever? Saw a pic of that when you first unwrapped it... Never imagined it was a gear lever!... :eek:

Haha cheers for reply, just gonna have to turn the music up louder, yep that's my gearstick, goes into gears lovely :)

Back