Gain 5 bhp for free?

although some of these procedures sound a little "hack" they are all in theory possible,
as for the BHP gains, on a 2.0 engine yeah, why not, in a micra.... possibly half those claims. but cooler is better, and the cooler you can get the engine the better.... thermo tech exhaust wrap is the best mod for cooler engine temps, i swear by it. made my 1.3 309 spit flames....lol

you can get oil coolers, air to air intake coolers (much like an atmospheric intercooler) heat wrap for the battery, samco style coolant hoses, paint the raidiator matt blac if it isnt allready, (shiny aluminium is rubish at heat disipation) and yeah, you can possibly stand to gain a little hp.......but at least some relyability

hope that helps

Indexing the plugs will make little to no difference. You are meant to do it using washers to space it out, not change how much you tighten the spark plug. Too tight or too loose and you will never get them out again.

On a K10, we stopped the coolant flowing through the intake manifold so that the intake air was cooler. It seems to cause problems with the headgasket and little to no performance gains.

And the thing he says about wrapping fuel lines isn't really going to help either.

you can alwas do what most people do on here, change the carb, get a decent exhaust system on, then put some big aloys on to slow it down

12's are the way to go!

Slim said:
you can alwas do what most people do on here, change the carb, get a decent exhaust system on, then put some big aloys on to slow it down

12's are the way to go!

No 12", just good old ATS classics in 7Jx13" :devil:

the best modification i did was fitting 13" light weight alloys with the lowest possiable profile 13" tyres the accelartion was awesome considering it was a 1.2

and the handlinging was amazing as it was lowered as well :)

Speedle said:
the best modification i did was fitting 13" light weight alloys with the lowest possiable profile 13" tyres the accelartion was awesome considering it was a 1.2

and the handlinging was amazing as it was lowered as well :)

I hope you didn't look at your speedo during acceleration, with very low tyres your speedo isn't correct.

it quite amusing!!! my speedo is right the way around to the resetting the mileometer thing (unsure of the name!!!) and my mates think its crazy. but on my snooper which nobody watches i know im only doing 93 when i hit about 105 on the speedo!!!! its very dishartening at first tho! lol

Back