FSE booster valve- gain to be had or rubbish!??

as always i am wanting to know more about my engine and what will make it go!
i would like to here people opinions on the booster valve and experiences.
as always photo's are more than welcome and i do like to hear a large variety of opinions.
i had a good look at my micra engine and how easy or hard it would be to change the fuel distributer to a booster valve and it will prove to be a good days job, is this day of what could be a day on visual mods worth being spent on the booster valve? :slm:

I suppose in a way its a cheap way of increasing your power or fuel economy (depending on tuning), it can work and is easy to install but im sure there are better things to spend our money on and to take full advantage you want to get it setup on a rolling road.

No not really. The K11 pratically spends its entire time closed loop. any changes the FSE makes the ECU will counter-act.

Or just dont bother! Bolting on mechanical bodges to an electronic system never will show the gains you want to see. To make things achieve what you want you should make the changes in the ecu!

No not really. The K11 pratically spends its entire time closed loop. any changes the FSE makes the ECU will counter-act.

Ed, so.......my idea the other day about using one of these to change the fueling into the engine so that it would pass MOT with janspeed on would not work?but restricting the fuel into the engine would work....although i guess not very good for it if it wants more....and yet isnt getting it?

p.s i havent heard much good from these either

it could work, but if your lambda sensor is working correctly and you heat the cat up before the test and its emissions tested immediately after you should pass, without messing about with one of these devices.

Thanks Ed!

with a laptop, software and console cable can i find out what the lambarda sensor is doing? and how much fuel its inserting at different times??
what would i be looking out for on the readings (if i can do this) to find out if its working fine!?

with the consult cables and software can you do a mixture ratio test?

with nissans consult we can do whats called a mixture ratio test, you hold the revs at a certain piont 2k i think and it will check and tell you how many times the o2 sensor is counting higher the better if its not counting/ hadly any counts its either dead or dieing replacing it will be the only option

Yes you two are talking about the same thing. Nissan datascan can tell you this.

as always i am wanting to know more about my engine and what will make it go!
i would like to here people opinions on the booster valve and experiences.
as always photo's are more than welcome and i do like to hear a large variety of opinions.
i had a good look at my micra engine and how easy or hard it would be to change the fuel distributer to a booster valve and it will prove to be a good days job, is this day of what could be a day on visual mods worth being spent on the booster valve? :slm:

A days work on a k11,probably an hour and a half tops,on a car like that you won't see any gains probably just more throttle response. . .absolutely pointless imo

Back