front reg plate

Nope as long as you can see it clearly and it is BSau marked thats the only rules on it. Oh and they dont like in inside the windscreen lol

yh i found that out when i made a red plate to go round it XD..ok ill slam it on the bottom on the bumper or on the inside on the bottom lip thx MM

They have to be a certain size. I've seen alot of scoobies etc with really small plates on the front - I've been told by my friend in the know that they'll fail the MOT. I've also seen the police pull people for not having the right size, font, ghost graphics, non-EU side picture etc etc. They seem to be clamping down hard on them :(

i thought that there was sam rule that it had to be fitted above the fog lights (if fitted obviously) and below the headlights? i was told this by an mot tester when i wanted to relocate mine.

its not a crime but a civil matter that does not come up on the mot but will fail a road side check. it wont give you a criminal record but will get you a fine.

mine was possitioned on the corner of the bumper, but was told to move it to the middle or to a more forward facing possition. this is so that ANPR's and Lazers can pick them up. (another reason a lazer gun cannot pick up a motorbike) i digress..

a number plate should be possitioned in clear view and of correct size, facing the front of the vehicle.

i have seen trucks with them on the roof. so as long as they point to the front. no probs at all.

and no., bonnet stickers arent legal unless the vehicle comes under a Qplate catagory of kit car.

Back