Frickin Bumpstrips!!

RedRocket1

Club Member (Trial)
I spent most of today removing the bumpstrips...only to find out that the last bloody door i had to do, the paint was chipped all the way round the strip...so now i need to wait to be able to afford a partial re-spray before taking the last one off.
I know this doesn't mean anything but i needed to vent my anger on someone who knows what im going through. Every other ####ing door was perfect!!grr

Was it the door part of rear quarter part that's the problem?

At least if it's the door side you only need the door painted :)

Yeah it was the driver door...now it looks like ive bought a spare door with a bumpstrip on.

Oh and for anyone whos reading that hasn't done it yet...get your hands on some Cerasine (sort of like diesel) and a folded over spare credit card...i swear it just comes right off.

Yeah it was the driver door...now it looks like ive bought a spare door with a bumpstrip on.

Oh and for anyone whos reading that hasn't done it yet...get your hands on some Cerasine (sort of like diesel) and a folded over spare credit card...i swear it just comes right off.
where did u get the cerasine? (or is it Kerosene? :p if this is how its spelt paraffin should work in theory, right?)

Aye its Kerosene (Sunday night spelling)...Theres a big barrel of it in my work, im an engineer and a boy in my work says paraffin should work even better, but i couldnt get any because his machine was running. So if you can get your hands on either then your sorted.

Kerosene and paraffin are the same thing. Paraffin is the British term while Kerosene is more used in USA/Australia/NZ.

Fair enough, some engineer i turned out to be lol
But yeah, both will kick the #### out of the glue on your car.

I wouldn't dare take mine off. Paint them maybe but then they suit my car in their present state. Too many muppets who park badly and then open their car doors without looking first :p

I wonder if heat would help them to unstick from the paint though?

BTW I always assumed Kerosene was the American name for Paraffin, same as Gasoline for Petrol ;)

BG

Back