free diy to make your car sound nice

camoxodka

car half done :)
basically i have found ou that when you take the top of the air box off it make it sound very nice. bt i am not sure if it damages the eneine i havep air filer over th throttle body hole :)

your thoughts

You be fine engine wise, it will let more heat into the system though. :)

Using a larger diameter intake in place of the normal induction tube and modifing the airbox to suit, will give a similar noise and put it into directish cold airflow.

well my car i have been driving it without the top for th full day and my car is more faster at speeding up and, sounds nicer and also more nippy

camoxodka said:
well my car i have been driving it without the top for th full day and my car is more faster at speeding up and, sounds nicer and also more nippy

Most likely just a placebo affect.

There could be benefits but probably marginal

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

cone filter FTW ;)

P5240087.JPG

i agree a nice throaty sound always makes the car sound faster but hey you may be deristricting some where down the line but Heat Soak is always a performance killer in teh heat of Summer :(

yea but i done it for the time being because i am skint because i just bought new speakers for the front, back which means i did not have enough money for a cone filter because i was wanting a k&n filter but they are dead expensive :/ so i done that for the time being...

the cone filters will give you more roar but less performance, you can stick a K&N panel filter in the air box and use a larger CAI to the front of the car, this will feed you in cold air giving you more performance as the air is more dense when cold which means it holds more oxygen but also gives you a nice throaty roar, and another thing you can do is empty the rear silencer, this will give you abit more of a roar from the exhaust :)

i took mine off to see what it sounded like, sounds amazing! definatly better when your revving with the door open because you can hear exhaust sound too, and i have an exhaust tip on mine (you might say makes no different to the sound) which is where you would be wrong :p i have a tip which is double layed with holes on the inner layer so the sound goes in these holes echos and goes back out :p, like having another back box ;D heres the video to show the sound :p

which i think sounds sexy :p haha but i like to be different haha

anyway the best filter to get for the micra (panel filter) is not a K&N but a pipercross since K&N was tested over in america and pipercross are tested over here so pipercross is better for british weather :)

because soon the induction kit im planning on getting is the pipercross panel filter along with a flexy pipe and on about getting one of those mini fans inside that pipe to suck the air in faster

stani i though you are running a trubo so why would you want to to run this kind of set up ?

also i dunno how much BHP it add but i feels more nippy :)

That wasnt me mate, ive let my brother in law use my account for info :) was probs him or a mate, dont think they were being serious though.....

i think it mint itets girls attention and my friend said that you deffo have a induction kit becaus i compared it to a friends corsa who has a induction kit and people said mine sound much better than hisand his is a K&N indution kit :)

LOL! Don't rate anything that comes from mighty car mods, it's not a serious channel.....it's just for laughs ;)

At the end of the day people will read into figures the way they want to. Someone could have easily taken the figures recorded during those session to show that a panel or cone filter gained power under certain circumstances, all be it by miniscule amounts.

For most people the standard airbox is more than sufficient and isn't going to cause a significant restriction. I'm not convinced by any perceived power increase that would be detectable from the seat of the pants nor any significant power gains from fitting a GA16DE airbox. Plenty of people seem to talk about it but until someone proves it, other than a nice sound, it's just hype :rolleyes:

LOL! Don't rate anything that comes from mighty car mods, it's not a serious channel.....it's just for laughs ;)

At the end of the day people will read into figures the way they want to. Someone could have easily taken the figures recorded during those session to show that a panel or cone filter gained power under certain circumstances, all be it by miniscule amounts.

For most people the standard airbox is more than sufficient and isn't going to cause a significant restriction. I'm not convinced by any perceived power increase that would be detectable from the seat of the pants nor any significant power gains from fitting a GA16DE airbox. Plenty of people seem to talk about it but until someone proves it, other than a nice sound, it's just hype :rolleyes:
i agree, there are a lot of dubious claims about power, handling, braking gains, tyre brands, petrol brands yadda yadda.
members should post up vids or test results etc when making rash statements imo

i agree, there are a lot of dubious claims about power, handling, braking gains, tyre brands, petrol brands yadda yadda.
members should post up vids or test results etc when making rash statements imo

hehehehe :D

Damn, I was told the carbon fibre Vinyl that sticks on that ive got makes the car lighter so makes it faster :/
LOL! haha, i saw someone the other day in a corsa looks good from far away with a real carbon bonnet...but as he got close i realised he stuck the carbon bonnet ontop of the bonnet he had so he had two...ha what an epic fail haha

and the only carbon wrap i have on my car is my headlights ;D make it like a badboy bonnet untill i find one for sale or have the time to make one :)

also guys other day i took my air breather pipe off to hear the sound...and just WOW
but i realised the lack of power instantly because of the hot air it sounded fast but wasnt fast at all...so i wanted this sound but still with the cold air intake so what i did was cut my pipe...cut it just after the first screw to hold the pipe on and its like a straight pipe into the hole

bad thing - not as loud but is louder and still sounds nice
- isnt loud at all on downrevs

good thing - getting cold air still :)

yeah just behind and the air gets sucked in front behind the battery not from behind the headlight still sucks in cold air, not as loud but still sounds nice

hmm im tempted by that now, currently my air feed is where the standard one is but the pipe is a little larger, i might just cut it abit shorter to there..

well the first thing i did when i got my car was take the pipe completely off :) it made a nice sound ut not as nice as the top of the aribox off :)

well the first thing i did when i got my car was take the pipe completely off :) it made a nice sound ut not as nice as the top of the aribox off :)

yeah it does make a nice sound bad things about it is with the top of the air box off it means your engine is getting non-filtered air meaning you can get dirt and dust in your engine which is bad

also with the pipe off it sucks hot air from your engine into your engine which makes you lose a bit of power and a lot more petrol because your engine is working harder

okay well i cut the pipe and put it so its just behind the battery, was a little bit louder but i lost a huge amount of performance so re attached the pipe and got my performance back and its now staying there :p

Back