Fog light MOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure, think its basicly if you have it its got to work if not take it off! but u can checkwith MOTHelpline : 08456005977

It will fail, a car requires at least one fog light on the drivers side.
Mine was also broke but I managed to bodge it.

Check the earth on the relay, check the bulb, check the switch, the switch also has to light up or it fails.

It will fail, a car requires at least one fog light on the drivers side.
Mine was also broke but I managed to bodge it.

Check the earth on the relay, check the bulb, check the switch, the switch also has to light up or it fails.

yer i was thinking front fogs, but u definetly have to have rear fog light.

The first thing I did to find the problem with mine was check voltage at the plug in the boot that then goes to the foglight, that way you know if the bulb holder is ok.

When I didn't get anything there I went to the switch, and didn't get voltage at any of the pins.

Next I should have checked the relay but didn't have time so I cut all the wires off and started touching wires randomly. After making an earth off the steering column with a bit of speaker wire and popping 3 fuses I found the right combination and re-wired the whole switch.

So get a wiring diagram and check the earths. then the relay.

When checking wires don't forget to have the headlights on or the fog won't come on.

yes i have done all this on both of my k10s now...so if the relay has gone...chopping off the wires at the switch should work to bypass the relay....

so i need to attach together the wire that is switched when the lights are turned on and the constant power feed.

But be careful you don't overload the wires, also make sure the light for the fog is connected to the switched live so that comes on when the fogs come on.

The best thing you can do is get a 15 amp switch with a light on it (cheap of ebay), run a wire to the back of the car (to the fog) and put the other side on the headlight on, You can get a lower ampage switch and use a relay if you want (it's a good idea to).

This gives you a stylish switch and a working foglight.

If you need a wiring diagram just ask.

I had this problem with the last mot. A wire was put into the Male side of the connector so it bypassed the Relay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back