fly eyes and painted light internals

Painted lights inside seem to make no difference what so ever, however I had the flyeye kit on my old SR and that was ####ing ####. I had to get rid of it as I couldn't see #### all. I dont really get how it can be MOT and road legal

basically as the micra lights are poor anyway it makes them worse lol... so maybe some hids behind might help penetrate better

Bulbs are fine :)

Its just HIDS are illegal unless they have an in car adjustment or something along those lines.
Police just dont really seem to bother their arse much about them.

Apparently, so ive read is that HID kits are illegal unless your car had a factory option to have HID lights. Unsure how much is true but i read that from a police forum

Apparently, so ive read is that HID kits are illegal unless your car had a factory option to have HID lights. Unsure how much is true but i read that from a police forum

Yeah I seen that somewhere aswell
But everybody has them( mainly chavvy saxos, corsa and peugots) and i dont think police are that bothered to be honest..

Ive got to say i have a set and the difference in light is, well night and day. i intend to put them on my K11 as you can actualy see were you going

Will, the flyeyes will definitely reduce the light output with at least 50%, when headlights are dirty - even more. You can try anyway, it's about 13GBP delivered, won't hurt if you're not happy with them. I love the way the headlights look and still have them on (about 6 months). I even used the kit on my auxiliary lights. It's really up to you... HID's won't help you a lot...

see the difference yourself:

p1090054a.jpg

p1090397i.jpg

painting inside makes no diference, unles you paint the reflector lol.

i have the dark flyeyes kit fitted and it definatley reduces the light output, they are legal, (dont quote me on exact figures) but to pas MOT you need 50%of the lens uncovered, and the flyeyes kit covers 49% (like i say don't quote figures but its something like that.

but like said above it does seriously reduce viable light and is quite pants on an unlit country road.

makes my car look a million times better tho lol

or a pair of ladies tights ;)

Ha! I've actually seen someone do that, was on Road Wars or one of those police programmes and that is defo a pull!

I think the thing with the HIDs is unless they are factory fitted they are illegal... Someone on here (sorry can't remember who) was explaning its to do with the way the lens throws the light... Putting a HID kit in a normal unit can have a blinding effect to other drivers because the lens throws the light out in all directions...

Also, be careful with buying brighter bulbs too, as I looked through loads on the net that when you read the small print, were not actually road legal... Like the ice whites and blues...

And on that note, I believe blue bulbs are illegal too (can have them side light but not main beam I think but I may be wrong)... Again, I think this is unless your car has them as standard, which I think some do by looks of it...

Painting the insides of the lights looks amazing, and I don't think there'd be much point putting fly eyes on after that as you wouldn't see most of it anyway with the light behind being blacked out but thats just my opinion...

The only way HID's are Legal is if they are in fog lamps or spot lights, or if you want them in your head lights they either have to be factory fitted, or if they are after market you must have projector lenses as this gives a sharp direction of light and doesnt scatter it like standard lenses, you must also have washers that spray your head lights when you spray your wind screen, and you must have self leveling lights, or it will not pass the MOT, but apparently they are fine in spots and fogs as they are not tested in an MOT

Back