fittedd my cherry bomb back box few days ago, and.........

and its not popping, of going bang :/, why? whats wrong with it :/, how do i make it go bang, when driving? :/, helllllp

leon said:
and its not popping, of going bang :/, why? whats wrong with it :/, how do i make it go bang, when driving? :/, helllllp

Really?!? What does it matter, had one fitted to my first k10 and it ended up doing my head in

Decat the exhaust. I get pops on gear changes.

You wont get much popping with 2 cats...

At the end of the day a cherry bomb is just a high air flow silencer, not a special exhaust popping mechanism.

My friend decat his exhaust on his Corsa and unplugged his lambda sensor to get it overfuelling. Plenty of pops and flames.

Defo get rid of those cats and it'll pop and bang like no tomorrow. Had a straight through stainless steel racing exhaust on my 106, used to pop, bang, shoot fire and all sorts! Whereas every other car I've had with just a catback will burble but never pop or bang.

as harlen says, the cat will stop it popping. the pop is a fuel explosion in the exhaust. remove the cats, increase the fuel pressure to double and blip away. pops, bangs and flames like no tomorrow! thats if you can get it to run at double pressure!

i have a cherry bomb exhaust on mine, sounds good to me, still to put on my decat pipe tho, only problem i have is it sits weird coz of its length, but that can be sorted :)

I'm thinking of getting a cherry bomb fitted to my 1.3lx and I'm gonna get my mechanic to take the cats off too. The only thing I'm concerned about is it sticking out too much. What will my mechanic do to solve that?

they stick out stupidly far, just buy a plr system comes with a decat for the under cat, and it sound so much nicers looks nicer and pops now and then

not much for a side exit mate. This cherry bomb I might get is only going to be temporary until I have saved up enough to get a full peter lloyd system including the 421 manifold.

First off sorry for hijacking the thread Leon :D

I have a decat centre pipe so only need the cherry bomb lol and just gunna do it for some banter. I'm actually running a PLR system and a janspeed 4-2-1 and it's the best set up I have ran do far in ways of power an noise :)

First off sorry for hijacking the thread Leon :D

I have a decat centre pipe so only need the cherry bomb lol and just gunna do it for some banter. I'm actually running a PLR system and a janspeed 4-2-1 and it's the best set up I have ran do far in ways of power an noise :)
Cool, and I cant wait until I have enough for the full set up. But for the meantime it looks like its gonna be a cherry bomb or another cheapish back box! Or do you think I would just be better off having the cat removed?

True dude, I just want a nicer sound until then though. The standard exhaust is pretty boring! lol. Any tips to getting a better sound until I have my new full set up fitted in the future?

Back