First steps

CMF_gocart

» CMF Member
Hi guys,

On my second stock 1995 K11 (4 door, blue, manual, air and steer fitted by original owner). My daily drive to work that I would like to customise. Really enjoying weaving through the morning traffic!

Can anyone offer advice please on:

1) What are the critical specs to look for when looking for second hand alloys?

2) Any advice on a mild change to the back end of the exhaust system to get a nice mild growl that can be heard in the cab but won't wake up the neighborhood?

Thanks

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Welcome,

1) cracks, gutter rash, buckles, and 4x100 stud pattern

2) I reckon extractors make a difference with sound on a stock system, gives it a nice note, not loud but gives it a little grunt; but if you havent got the coin for extractors go to your local exhaust shop and get a price for a "fart" cannon or just a straight pipe

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
gocart WROTE:

"Hi guys,

On my second stock 1995 K11 (4 door, blue, manual, air and steer fitted by original owner). My daily drive to work that I would like to customise. Really enjoying weaving through the morning traffic!

Can anyone offer advice please on:

1) What are the critical specs to look for when looking for second hand alloys?

2) Any advice on a mild change to the back end of the exhaust system to get a nice mild growl that can be heard in the cab but won't wake up the neighborhood?

Thanks
stock steels are 5 x 13 et45 c/b 59.1mm gocart

CMF_antos

» CMF Member
Obviously the stud pattern 4x100, offset will be biggest factor as where abouts do you want them to sit? Hellaflush or a little bit of poke or just inside the guards?
I have renault rims on atm with 43 offset, 195/50 on the front and they slightly scrub. my wantabes which i have getting fixed up are a user friendly 34 offset so they sit just inside the guards which is good enough for me. i have a cat back system 2" and its a nice quiet note that isnt to loud and at constant speeds has a nice note.
What are you going to run suspension wise?

CMF_gocart

» CMF Member
Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

This is just a $3000 cheapy run around - but after newer bigger cars it feels like driving again - love it! Compared to my last drive to work car its cramped, less powerful, colder in winter etc etc BUT ... I can feel the road through the wheel, hear and feel the motor (that sits on my kneecaps!)- takes me back to the old Datsun 1200 coupe days and I actually look forward to driving to work in it.

I don't know much about rims, but from what I can gather if I want to upgrade to alloys without too much trouble then I should stick with 13 or 14". The bit I haven't got my head around is what the offset is all about, but it sounds like around 34mm is OK. I don't really want to get into rolling gaurds or scraping over bumps.

I'm pretty happy with the suspension - still pretty tight - and most of the time corners are at 50km/hr!

About the exhaust - I went into a local exhaust shop just after I bought it, told the guy what I had in mind, told him it was OK to roll around laughing for while, then asked if he could help. Sounds like its a bit hit and miss, but he said he could have a go at sound engineering for c. $220.

Does anyone know how much extractors would be?

Thanks again for the helpful posts to a newbie.

Cheers

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
I run 14x6 with a +32 offset sits nice :) (i think you can see my wheels in the "show us your micra" thread)

And most exhaust places laugh at us for doing up micras haha, price range for extractors comes down to if they are available or customs need to be made, and yours will need to be modified to allow for AC, I was lucky enough to get mine for cheap off here

Just ask your local exhaust shop if they have any they can order in

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
If you really enjoy weaving through the traffic then:
1. Dont bother going anything larger than 14" as the weight will make the car slow and unresponsive unless u wanna spend $$$ on very lightweight rims. Best for ur dollar is nissan pulsar n14 sss wheels or something in the nissan range as its a direct bolton or even n14 steelie they are not bad as what u think. Plus about $50 a set at wrecker cant really complain if u dont like it.
2. As for exhaust..go for nismo muffler for k11 direct bolt on and will give u what u want. here a link if ur interested
https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/72864
Then if ur loaded go get hurricane extractor but for $300 for it to get a few hp better just to invest in some suspension parts and be happy with it

CMF_gocart

» CMF Member
Hi guys,

Found a set of alloys - anyone know if they would fit a 1995 Micra, please? I think that they are off of a 1996-1998 (KJ/KL?)Laser.

Info over phone:

Numbers on rim: ROH 6JJx14; N165; 220B; WIA 96; 31

Would the 31 mean 31mm offset?

Any ideas welcome?

Cheers

Back