facelift headlight spraying

Simonh

Midlands Rep
hi ive read alot about doing it. taking them apart with a hairdryer and spray the inside black. how do you reseal it. would anyone be willing to do me a set and send them to me? obviously for a price?

Either stick it back in the oven, and wait for the glue to get sticky again, and stick em back together.

Or use silicone sealant. But that can get messy and ruin a good job.

yer you put the little metal clips back on and stick it back in the oven, then use a bit of silicone to be sure.

It's not hard mate. You'd just be burning money if you payed someone else.

If your worried about cocking it up, buy another set of lights from the scrappy.

hi ive read alot about doing it. taking them apart with a hairdryer and spray the inside black. how do you reseal it. would anyone be willing to do me a set and send them to me? obviously for a price?

i wouldn't mind doing you a set mate, i have some spare time lol, if you have a spare set of lights i will do that for you. i think i have some paint around here too,

could even do them in red to match the car

nah i think black to match my grills. ill let you know. i might try myself first but i think ill mess it up

nah i think black to match my grills. ill let you know. i might try myself first but i think ill mess it up

there should be a guide, i am sure i made a guide at one point.

it really is very easy, just take your time, don't force anything and don't heat it too much, i have melted the plastic when its been too hot.

once you have it apart and you are all done with it just put gasket seal in the bit where the glass sits and you should have no problems :D

2 hours!! lol quickest i have done a set in is an hour max inc refitting on an almera! also including deglobing the indicators ;) but i have had experiance doing them lol.

haha! this is my second pair, done it to my other micra's. But i was also priming, and spraying and fitting a custom grill at the same time. Plus that times from start to finish!

Oh and i hadnt had breakfast yet :p(excuses i know)

Back