Ever used this?

The wiper motor access panel on my car was rattling a bit despite a previous attempt to silence it using some sort of foam tape. Homebase sells a product called Sealtite made by Marly Waterproofing. It's a, thickish, foil backed, self adhesive tape, used by the building trade.

No more rattles now and I swear my rear speakers sound a little better. Do any of you use this stuff for sound deadening?

S

Attachments

• IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0372.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0374.JPG
    IMG_0374.JPG
    776.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    942 KB · Views: 148
Soixantaine said:
No more rattles now and I swear my rear speakers sound a little better. Do any of you use this stuff for sound deadening?

S

Like to see you get your priorities right - box of bud-wise-er in the third pic - TRUE, TRUE!! (Y)

Yes, ASDA was selling the stuff off after England lost at two cases for £16. That's 40p a bottle, cheaper than water and better tasting. Sadly, only two bottles left.

S

Soixantaine said:
Sadly, only two bottles left.

S
:down: never mind eh plenty more where it came from

Neway on topic - i didnt use this but used "stickyfixers" from asda (along with them original screw things) n that seemed to do the job for me like, stopped all the ratling!!

I think Kev used something very similar and got some good results out of it when he had his K10.

Back