Ever towed a car with your K11 Micra?

I did today, in my stout little Micra!

Basically, mate lost his only key to his Vauxhall Agila and therefore couldnt get in or start it. He asked me for some help taking him to a few garages to see if they could sort him a key. Only the Vauxhall dealers could do this as the key is programmed to the car.

£140 lighter and a key was cut, but now it needed it programmed, which meant we needed to get the Agila to the Vauxhall stealership. Seeing as my car was the only car available he asked me if I could tow it, I really didnt think my Micra would make it, but alas, we got tow rope, hooked up cars and away we went. Surprisingly the 1.0 engine coped very well towing a whole Vauxhall Agila, mostly uphill, and soon enough we were at the stealership.

Stout little cars these Micras. Great little little things.

I towed a Peugeot 405 with a 1.4 Almera, slightly more power and torque, but again I was amazed how driveable it still was!

I saw a micra tow a BMW to a scrap yard on roadwars :grinning:

Yeh I just remembered seeing that, wasnt it on that Suburu IMPRETZUL advert and sometime cop show; Police Interceprtorzzz or something.

Little Red 1.0 Micra towing a huge Silver E34 5-series (With lovely full Black leather interior to boot, one of my fave cars after the Rover 800s) Hmmm, starting to give me ideas about my towing my somewhat dead Sterling.

Back