eoi: conrods group buy

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Sounds cheap what are the specs and what sort of power could they handle? What about pistons aswell or do you want to order them later?

You no i will only do this once so they have to be the best,so does this mean your putting them in the red car even though your chasing the power as high as your wanting? And when would payment be needed?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
I have no idea whether i'm going to be up for forged internals anytime soon, but I have been wondering: Are you more likely to throw a rod or melt a piston in a boosted CG13?

No doubt i'll let you know if i'm in or not but for now - nope :p

---dens

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
i would seriously consider it but it depends on when your lookin at doing it. I would not be able to do it till after Jamboree this year which is in August. Also would you be able to get pistons as well.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"you'd more then likely melt a piston then break a rod.. but yeh, basically just wanting to know if anyone else wants some so we can all save money..

I remember ages ago you had an EOI on forged pistons but I don't think anything came of it - would you be intersted in doing that again? Obviously we'd need the numbers like you need them here, but just a thought.

---dens

yeh, i'll be getting pistons at some stage 2... won't need any numbers for pistons thou, won't be doing this for a couple of months, but if we do get 8 people, whenever ppl want to do it.. we'll get the ball rolling, still have to work out what comp ratio to run, as to whether to shorten the rods or do all that with the pistons. as for the pistons, when i go to order them, i'll let you's know too, and if you want some will order extra's, but i'm not gonna wait around for ppl to scratch their heads. tony: i'll get some more specs from them, but they'll handle more then anything anyone is going to throw at them, if your set out to make 300hp @wheels, you'll be plenty safe as i've been told these will be able to take about 600.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Tony WROTE:

"Are you comming to Brissy for the Jamboree?

yeah mate. Staying on sunshine coast i think for 6 days then out to Willowbank. Should be a great week.

As for this thread yeah Turbo a couple months would suit me. Would need pistons soon there after but.

pistons are easy to get, any company will make them for you, cp, je, wiseco, etc. can't really do to much on pistons, no one seems to give a toss if you order 2 sets or 20. but with the rods... well if you order one set i've been told about $1200-$1500, so there's a pretty big saving to be made if we can get enough ppl..

smidge

» CMF Member
what the fk is it with people backing out of organised events and group buys around here FFS... fkn useless pricks fkn start **** and say they'll cock up then the wind changes and thy dont.....anf. ... dfsd....rant...rave......rant....

:p

true that, to be honest, i don't even know why i bothered.. must of been the nice side of me.. till today i realised this would be more of a ****around then its worth. every man for themselves, id rather pay more, then do plenty of work and running around while everyone else sits on their ass and has stuff handed to them on a platter.

Back