engine timing

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
i assume we,re talking about ignition timing, and i think the ignition map ends at about 4k rpm (baguete posted up the stock maps/tables on his MSC blog iirc)
but valve timing is well worth tweaking on a track car imo (mine are ghetto adjusted by filing the dowels down lol :) )

frank

Attachments

• 57782.jpg
    57782.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 32

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Thanks Kovert though i cant read japanese and cant seem to find a contact them to see shipping costs etc. Very keen on them though as i need to take up the difference in the timing that will be caused from the machine work i am having done.

CMF_Akinari

» CMF Member
@frank

just wondering to how much deg adjustment did you do to the valve timing on your engine?

chains got a little slack since my last head shave so also had to file down the cam gears.

aki

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Akinari WROTE:

"@frank

just wondering to how much deg adjustment did you do to the valve timing on your engine?

chains got a little slack since my last head shave so also had to file down the cam gears.

aki

if you file the dowel 1/2 way down aki, you have infinate adjustment eh (ie, you can turn the flat side round and use the next tooth of the sprocket)
i,ve set my 260deg/10mm lift cams so that all 4 valves are open 1mm @ tdc at the mo (which is easy to measure with a depth gauge from the shim top to the bearing cap top)

frank

Attachments

• 60401.jpg
    60401.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 22

CMF_EBBdude

» CMF Member
here is another method that i have used for a long time on the Micras:

tn_DSCF7157.JPG

Works a treat and easy to have reference of what you do with the angle-finder :)

CMF_EBBdude

» CMF Member
here is the picture of the camgears and how i modify them :

tn_DSCF7096.JPG

tn_DSCF7149.JPG

No , they never come loose as i use a diamond-powder between the gears and the camshafts to securely lock tem in place....

Back