engine rebuilds

jamieccc

Ex. Club Member
basically i have got an mr2 mk1 witht he tvis system! i will be looking for a complete engine rebuild, with standard parts! does anybdoy no where i could get this done?

I can do these. Did a top spec rebuild on a 3SGTE recently... Depending on what you need your looking from around £500-1500 + parts.

I can do these. Did a top spec rebuild on a 3SGTE recently... Depending on what you need your looking from around £500-1500 + parts.

well the engine has done 120k and its the old 4age aw11 engine! what parts would i be looking at for a rebuild? hopefully i want to go forged if i can find the parts for it in the furture, do you do forged parts for this engine?

Yes I can do - custom if necessary. Would not be cheap, you could be looking at around 3K for a fully spec-ed rebuild.

You could always rebuild it yourself? - Not only would you learn a great deal, it will benefit you in the future.

i would but it cant risk screwing it up because it needs to be my everyday car in about a month! so if i was to leave it in the hands of ed when ive got the money, im sure it will come out tip-top lol

That's a lot of money to lay out man, you could just buy a cheap little road car then take your time rebuilding it? Get a Haynes manual and get your hands dirty.

Well whatever your decision is, good luck.

Junta with you're sr20 experience I'm surprised you say that lol.

With my SR20DE experience, I made a lot of school boy errors, but the amount I've learned from that project is unexpendable. Because in the end I fixed it, I'm not trying to lose you customers here but when you see someone attempting to lay that kind of money out when only a fraction of it needs to be spent if a little initiative is used.

I do understand your point but that not something I see all too often. Very few people are willing to take on such a project.

Back