Emissions Test Regulations

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
Basically wondered if when taking an emissions test:

Would a 1.0, Year 2000 car have the same regualtions and limits as a 1.4, Year 2000 car, for example?

Thanks

yeh i would think so at work in the mot bay they just stick it on machine i dont remember them entering engine size i remember one time tho asking but it just has to b something like less than 1.5 what ever bits to 1 million in the exhaust didnt pay too much attention cuz mot checks n crap r so boring lol

if you have changed the engine though you have have it emissions tested to that engine year. so if you drop in a pre aug. 1992 block you can have it tested to the older emissions regualtions therfore not needing any cats etc. good for any 1.6 or 2.0 conversions if from early 1992. or even if you could have an imported 1992 cg13de block. i think you need some kind of mechanics signature to confirm what age the engine is and dvla use this. the details of this are on the dvla website.

its ok, im just rebuilding my cg10 with a bigger displacement, and i didnt want to run into any problems with emissions. thanks for the replies :)

Back