Electrical Failure

My March (Micra) E-K10 suddenly has died. None of the indicators are coming up, not even the horn is working. I looked at the fusible link and found it damaged and I crimped it. Still no sign of life. I was wondering if anyone could help out with a diagram of the fusebox, so I can check the necessary fuses as fusebox cover is in Japanese. Any other suggestions are also welcome.

So the car does not run and everything is dead? that is very unusual, must be a series of fuses to stop the car running and take out all of the electrics.

I checked the fusible link connected to the positive terminal of the battery. Its OK as well. Would all systems be down with a dead battery. Usually my experience is that at least the horn will squeak and the dashboard lights coming on even with a dead battery. The car was working right before the holidays on the 30th.

Couldn't jump start as I do not have jump leads. Planning to switch a working battery in the morning and see if it works. Hope it turns out to be right.

It was due to a completely dead battery. Was able to identify the cause as well, the light in the boot had turned on its own and drained the battery. The contact on the light switch had to moved apart a bit to prevent any further mishaps. Now the battery indicator on the dashboard has gone purple ; does this mean a drained battery ? also there is a considerable clanking noise when starting, is it the starter motor ?

On-line Manual

Here's a link to an online manual; http://www.supermotors.net/registry/7742/23795-2

If the starter motor is making a clicking noise then it's because there is not enough power in the battery to pop the seloniod that engages the motors starting gear so that it can turn the flywheel.
Dump the old battery and fit a new one, then check every fuse in the fusebox ONE AT A TIME (so that you don't mix them up). If all fuses are perfect and the battery has been replaced with a new one, then check the earth lead (from the battery to the chassis leg), make sure that it has not corroded badly.
(Y)

Back