ECU for CG13

L

LA_469

hi guys,

I just receive back my march with the 1.3 engine..use to be 1.0. It is awesome..I need some help on what is the best ECU to be fitted on my ride. Any recommendation will be greatly appreciated. I have heard of mirotech, are hte easy to use?

Also, due to my lack of ECU knowledge, is the a simple way of remaping the ECU?

Can i use other cars ECU?, will it give a better results?

Currently my ride is being resprayed, will post some pic soon.

thanks in advance.

rgds

if ur car is still standard then u could always jus plug in the 1.3 ecu, the ecu is also capable of learning if u reset it by disconnecting the negative from the battery over night. this will make her feel faster as it did for mine :) standard ecu is best way to go unless u got a turbo or something

stephen

K11SS said:
if ur car is still standard then u could always jus plug in the 1.3 ecu, the ecu is also capable of learning if u reset it by disconnecting the negative from the battery over night. this will make her feel faster as it did for mine :) standard ecu is best way to go unless u got a turbo or something

stephen

thanks, i will do that tomorrow night.

It cannot learn. It is able to alter the base fueling across the range and it is also able to remember fault codes. Both of these will be lost as soon as power is removed from the ecu.

Couple of my mates done what Stephen did by resetting the ECU then driving the car fairly hard for a tank of fuel and all reported back saying they were quicker, so it must "learn" somehow.

How can you run on a tank of fuel and establish it was quicker, just because it felt it! Sorry but that is nonsense. If you going to do that take a car to a R/R dyno it, immediatly remove the power and dyno it again.

Or grab a GPS, take the car to a steep hill where it say reaches xmph at fullpower then go again the next day and try again. Obviously do each run about 10 times or the results are worthless.

Even better still do a blind test on your mates so they dont know weather you have nor have not 'reset' their ecus and get them to tell you if they think its improved or not.

I guatantee all of the above will prove there is no change on a K11 micra. If your going to make tests like this you at least need to beable to accurately get your findings.

I removed the power and it sorted out the flat spots my car was having and hesitation. Wouldnt say it made it quicker tho - just run more efficiently, but as Ed says, it would have lost its memory and then had to pick up the adaptives.

guys,

back to the topic, What is the best ECU and the easiest to install?

rgds

K11SS said:
what do u want the ecu to run ? is it just a 1.3 standard engine?

stephen

Yup it is a standard 1.3 engine, with 4-2-1 system(we do not have Jan speed here, it is something local) and Apexi filters. The power is now great , i am just finding other avenues to make it better.

the standard ecu will be ok for this application, most cars here in the uk run the standard ecu, i am staill to hear of 1 who runs ur setup that needs more.

id say standard 1.3 n reset it u will be good :D

stephen

Back