ecu chips

hi i am looking for an ecu chip for my 1.3 1999 micra and just wondering what is the best one to get and how much difference they will make

cheers pete

I can do this. It can make quite a difference depending on your spec.

Ed

Sorry to interupt, im intrigued in this topic

Question for Ed: You say you can re-map the standard ECU, Well i have a Micra Super S 1994 1.3, with a few modifications which are, Janspeed catback and intermediate exhaust piping plus a janspeed backbox plus i have a nissan sunny 1.6 SR airbox and piping, i do get enough pick up from those two for now and would like to get a little more, but my main question is on re-mapping the standard ECU would i get a little better MPG too as well as a little performance increase?

Note - i can only get maximum of 200 miles to the tank! which i am not really happy about especially when the petrol prices are shooting up! its harder and harder working part time and final year at uni!

Wonder if you could help?!

Its possible that MPG will increase but it really depends how you drive it. Typically a remapped ECU will see more MPG when driven really lightly and less MPG if driven hard compared to the stock one.

Back