ECU change

Well, I got the car running. I fitted a an ecu and an ignition barrel with the black plastic transponder thingy from a 1.3 car. Using the other cars key the engine now starts and runs. The check engine light on the instrument panel is now flashing continuously, know why is this and how I can stop it?

Well, I got the car running. I fitted a an ecu and an ignition barrel with the black plastic transponder thingy from a 1.3 car. Using the other cars key the engine now starts and runs. The check engine light on the instrument panel is now flashing continuously, know why is this and how I can stop it?

have you checked for any faultcodes ?

Not checked for fault codes, don't know how. Seem to recall something on here about turning a screw back and forth in the ecu. Can you link me to the thread?

One day the car wouldn't start, suspected it was immobilised so threw the towel in and took it to Nissan to have the 1.3 key recoded - fitted the original 1.0 ecu first though.
It seems the spark timing could be 6-8% advanced on the map in the 1.0 ecu.
Now it runs properly with no check engine light flashing. Fingers crossed it stays this way.
A thread with closure....

Back