Ebay scammers

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
I have had my little 4x4 on ebay this last week only for the winning bidder within 15 mins of auction closing ringing me with the lamest excuse for not honoring his bid. So its back to ebay and re listed on a buy it now auction sometimes I wonder what makes these idiots tick, I could have followed it through and pursued Him/Her but what is the point. 2011 has started great not! The only winner I think is ebay double listing fees.grr

Its about time ebay clamped down on this sort of thing, many a time i have bid on stuff only to be out bid by a bogus bidder/timewaster, then the item is relisted at an unrealistic price a few days later.. ebay should charge people some sort of returnable bidding fee to weed out the idiots.. good luck with the sale..

I had someone bid on my fiesta, 2600, then after numerous emails he decided to land a bombshell that he was not willing to pay via cash or bankers draft as per auction details, which were in huge red letters at the top and bottom of ad.

He then said he couldnt be arsed buying it!

can really sympathise with you :down: we had a similar problem a good while back with a truck we sold on ebay. The winning bidder contacted us within a day or 2 to confirm he would TRY collect within a week, so we gave him a chance. Low and behold the day he arranged to collect he made an excuse and wanted us to hold it for another week, so he was asked for a deposit of £400 to hold it for him. 2 days later still no deposit, so we contacted him and told him if no deposit by today truck would be re listed, so he made the deposit :p Again the day for collection came and went :eek: couldn't get hold of the guy so truck was re listed and he lost his deposit.

I personally think ebay is getting alot worse not just with cars ect but even little things, arriving far too late or damaged, also notticed an increase in 'we dont accept paypal' postal orders only!!

Hope your car sells soon to someone who is genuine :)

Stuff arriving late or damaged is the postal companies.
eBay is good for buyers as you have protection most times.
Never had a serious problem with it.

sorry i meant, arriving far too late when you check the postal stamp date it was only posted like 2 days before but bought the item 3 weeks before lol

sorry i meant, arriving far too late when you check the postal stamp date it was only posted like 2 days before but bought the item 3 weeks before lol
Ah yeah i get ya!
there is loads of stuff to looks out for like the golden rule: "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is."

Back