Drag Times

Evening All!

Doing my first drag event @ the weekend, anyone have any tips/advice?

Also any run times so i know what im aiming 4 :)

Cheers

Skinner

With that spec, I'd be expecting 16.6-16.8 :). Maybe less if it's stripped out.

i,m going too on sunday skinner (shakies) and im hoping to get a 15.7 or less :grinning:

well we got that long awaited 15.7 :grinning: the weather forecast for tomorrow was heavy rain so i scived a few hours off work today instead :wasntme:
a vid showing very little strippage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlQgHFhibPI and the best time of the 3 was on the 165/60/14 road tyres (not gonna bother with the formula ford slicks again)
and got wasted by a topfuel thingy on the 3rd run lol :wow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugo6jqf7S54

http://i53.tinypic.com/70f1wz.jpg

Attachments

• GEDC0435.JPG
    GEDC0435.JPG
    257 KB · Views: 244
My best is 16.6 with a few exhuast modifications and the almera airbox, so you should easily smash that.

and congratulations Franky!!! That wicked mate. (Y)

Thats awesome Frank!

Been a good weekend for setting records. So does that mean you hold the N/A record now?

Is the car capable of a better time or is that it?

Thats awesome Frank!

Been a good weekend for setting records. So does that mean you hold the N/A record now?

Is the car capable of a better time or is that it?

cheers guys :) lowrider got a 15.7 too apparently but i dont know if it was less than 15.733 tho ?
and i will probably strip the full interior next time scott, and fit the piper exh cam, and joe (shaggy) has an SR16ve throttlebody for me to try too :cool:

I've managed 17 seconds in my 1.0l - 2" straight through stainless steel fully de-cat Janspeed exhaust system (manifold, midpipe, and back pipe, all welded together to form one pipe), straight through 2.5" Jap-style backbox with 4" outlet, heatproof exhaust wrap from manifold to backbox (2 layer thick, 75% overlap), K&N performance air filter, Pipercross cold air feed, SR fuel rail, 1.6 Almera injectors, NGK iridium spark plugs, car completely stripped out inside. Street tyres as well - 195/45/R15 Falkens, and suspension lowered by 90mm. It's also off the clock at 120mph, but not on the strip of course :wasntme:

cheers guys :) lowrider got a 15.7 too apparently but i dont know if it was less than 15.733 tho ?
and i will probably strip the full interior next time scott, and fit the piper exh cam, and joe (shaggy) has an SR16ve throttlebody for me to try too :cool:

Full interior? tut tut Frank, get that ripped out and run it on fumes! :L VE throttle body could be interesting. I always thought it was the same Diameter as an SR20.

So definitely room for improvement (Y) Just goes to show just what can be achieved on a budget!

aye 60mm i believe eh scott, but non of the yards i use have an SR20 in atm, and the cut-off CG maf i have mounted into the airbox is 60mm bore eh so may as well run a 60mm t/b too

Full interior? tut tut Frank, get that ripped out and run it on fumes! :L VE throttle body could be interesting. I always thought it was the same Diameter as an SR20.

So definitely room for improvement (Y) Just goes to show just what can be achieved on a budget!

ghetto moddin FTW :)

Attachments

• SDC12201.JPG
    SDC12201.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 186
Cant wait then!

And yeah i know, unreal.

I probably shouldnt say the time he got, let him tell everyone, but o.m.g it was fast (smashed Little bandits best time) . I also got to put the water down on the strip for him to warm up the slicks in the shootout :D haha

It's RWYB at the Pod this Sat :).

Edit: Now I put my tiny mind to it, I've had my cat-back exhaust fitted and replaced my (rotten) Denso plugs with NDKs the engine likes ALOT more since we were last at SP. I think breaking the 17 barrier may be on the cards (Y).

It's RWYB at the Pod this Sat :).

Edit: Now I put my tiny mind to it, I've had my cat-back exhaust fitted and replaced my (rotten) Denso plugs with NDKs the engine likes ALOT more since we were last at SP. I think breaking the 17 barrier may be on the cards (Y).

go for it guy :grinning: (donnington trackday in a few weeks too (Y))

Back