disc axle de-rusting

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
:grinning:
i am trying to get the abs stuff(wire) off the disc axle.
everythings fine apart from where the sensor is bolted in near discs,bolts come of but seems like they aint budging. anyone got any ideas ?
thnaks

"i told you to tell em sanitarium not sanitation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "

i am trying to get the abs stuff(wire) off the disc axle.
everythings fine apart from where the sensor is bolted in near discs,bolts come of but seems like they aint budging. anyone got any ideas ?
thnaks

you wont get it out, dont even bother, i tried to take the ABS sensor out of my front hubs on the march, it just shattered.

if you don't want them then just hit them with a hammer and they will snap off. but you wont get them out complete

all bolts are off
seems wedged/rusted in, is why i'm wondering whats contacting the metal from the sensor

plastic sensor in a rusty cast iron hole aint they z ? glad i did,nt volunteer to do it lol :wasntme:

frank! you cant say that on here or the legend may be busted :grinning:
lets say you dont feel to do it as their isnt much in it between drums/disc's

i tapped mine with a flat head screwdriver to try and lift it out. (the haynes said they just pop out) but after one side lifting and the other not, it just cracked and shattered.

i tapped mine with a flat head screwdriver to try and lift it out. (the haynes said they just pop out) but after one side lifting and the other not, it just cracked and shattered.

its all risky, i left it in for now.

DSC02495.jpg

DSC02493.jpg

DSC02499.jpg

still got to find someone to fit this fool :grinning:

whats the contact surfaces plastic/metal ?

i believe its metal/metal

i tried to take em out too when i was once rebuilding the rear axle after me first crash. the flange only moved a tiny bit but the sensor body was very seized into the axle casting so left it there.

i believe its metal/metal

i tried to take em out too when i was once rebuilding the rear axle after me first crash. the flange only moved a tiny bit but the sensor body was very seized into the axle casting so left it there.

bit of heat on the surrounding metal may help me,,,,,,,,,may not too

Back