detonation & pre-ignition

Tbh that was to dry for me to read all the way through unless i plan some serious engine mods, in which case i'd split it up.
I had a choice last night, ignition timing theory or Bourne Supremacy, hmm!

good find Sammo!.

i'll put my hand up and say i was one of many who assumed more advance = more power, but this sems to say otherwise...

i guess that any gains/loses would be relativly, possibly unnoticibly, small on a CG, but will keep this in mind for when the time comes...

TBH in my experience that's a bit vague. You run as much ignition as you can to get max power, whatever that is as it varies between engines. You don't always get knock if you go too far, some engine wont knock at all really (std K11 CG13) you just loose power if you go too far.

Just to add Sammo, this kind of stuff doesnt interest many in the grand scheme of things.

TBH in my experience that's a bit vague. You run as much ignition as you can to get max power, whatever that is as it varies between engines. You don't always get knock if you go too far, some engine wont knock at all really (std K11 CG13) you just loose power if you go too far.

gotta agree there, i,ve never been able to get a CG to pink, it just makes the engine feel harsh when overadvanced (akin to a broken engine mount, touching the body)

There isnt enough compression ratio to get a CG to det, makes tuning really hard as you can only really do it on a dyno.

Back