• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Darrens K11 Micra

tooManyNotes

Site Supporter
Hello everyone,

I'm Darren and I hope I'm using this forum right. This is my Micra blog thread. And I guess I wanna share my progress. I don't have much confidence but I want to get better at working on my car. I work in IT so I do this when I have the spare time, but I am pretty obsessed so here I am, playing with my car makes me feel alive in a way IT doesn't.

This is Shadowfax:

1726860894314.png

It's still early days for me and my micra. I'm very much still in my origin story phase. I've been fiddling with it on and off for the past couple of years and finally got it MOT'd. She lives! I can't explain it but it's fun in a way the K12 isn't, which I've been commuting in for a couple years now.

I keep very rigourous documentation for everything in life, and have settled on a pretty satisfying documentation solution for keeping track of service history on her. I intend to do everything on her.... eventually.

My documentation solution uses a free piece of software called Obsidian, this uses the open source markdown document format. Think Microsoft Word, but simple and not a sludge pile of suffering to use like Microsoft Word. And being open source, I can automate the process of exporting to my website blog when I get round to building it.

1726861240073.png

I have a service table which gives an overview of the vehicle state and last service item. Each row corresponds to a chapter with detailed background information and a log of each job. How comprehensive!

Each chapter uses structured bullet trees of information with an emphasis on linking to resources. This maximises the speed of relearning information previously discovered.

1726862315093.png

I am very inspired by the likes of members like pollyp, they are true artisans. I hope to get to that level one day.

thanks for reading.

Back