colour dials

heater dials?
speedo dials?

heater dials are easy......same lights (502) as your side lights!!! find direct colour replacement or dye your original bulbs!!!

dials.....little more difficult as a smaller bulb....still trying to get me some...i have taken speedo dials apart to see.... so know what im looking for!!

hope that helps!!

naps

then from:
1. ebay
2. ultra led's
3. halfords (maybe....havent properly checked but maybe if "Antony" reads this he will clarify)

cheers naps

i used those 12v Instrument Backlight Bulbs from Maplin on mine. required a little mod to fit in the hole but they work.

He's not after the bulbs tho lol.

You can get them off ebay but yeah making them is easy enough

sonic you got any pics

sure do....
22-march 076.jpg

It reads the true speed as well because I calibrated it with GPS, I'm not happy with the idiot lights though, I think they would be better round and frosted so I'm doing the fuel and temperature gauge one again.

Ive always thought about making my own dials but thought they would have to be E marked for mot time?

hopefuly im wrong! ill have something to do today that way :p

cheers

I dont think that 'e' marking includes clock faces, besides that how many testers take the clocks apart to check, mine has passed two mots with those clocks, one of those test stations was really strict.

I used clear 40 thou plastic card cut to the right shape from a model shop, rub on transfer letters and numbers from WH Smiths and any colour spray paint you like to colour them, just mask off the gaps for the odometer, trip meter and idiot lights, the needles are just painted orange.

Yeah its usually best to get a spare set for stuff like that! Someone who used to be on here had a picture of his girlfriend printed in the middle of the speedo lol.

Thats great... oh no it's not, I'd have to have a girlfriend for that... oh well.

even better put a pic of your mother in there.............you can have many girlfriends but you only will have one mother ( so you wont have to change the pic when you change your girlfriend )

even better put a pic of your mother in there.............you can have many girlfriends but you only will have one mother ( so you wont have to change the pic when you change your girlfriend )

What a great Idea, I love my mummy, she's sooooo pretty.
29-17_nm_old220.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

When you were born the doctor slapped your mother!!

I'd have to get a gf to change, lol.
I might go with day-glo dials.

if your doing this on pc and want a exact print use a prog called cover pro it lets you put your own measurments in for printing it used to make mint ........well thats something else..

The problem with normal ink and paper is it fades in the sun, my mate had this prob a few years back when he printed his own tax disc.
You coul;d get some thin metal and etch it.

or a Cannon MP600. I have one and it says that the ink is water and fade resistant for 100 years... yeah right i thought so i printed on an inkjet OHP sheet and let it dry for an hour to be sure and give it a chance.. left it on my window sill for a whole week in the sun (in that mini heat wave we had) and its still as good as new.. i know it was only a week but it seems to be good. :D

Back