Cold car :(

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
With winter on the way I'm slightly worried about the fact I get no heat from my blower.
The matrix hasn't been bypassed but doesn't work, why is this and how can I fix it?
If I need a new matrix what sort of price am I looking at?

go and check the pipework first, there is a leaver from the temp control on the dash that also cuts off the flow of hot water to the heatermatrix,
that may be the problem.

if you do need a new heater, i have a spare one for sale

The matrix yeah? How much including postage?
thnx

Right, just had a look in the Haynes manual, and although it isn't clear it looks like a serious amount of work so I may not bother, I hope it's nothin too serious

The matrix yeah? How much including postage?
thnx

Right, just had a look in the Haynes manual, and although it isn't clear it looks like a serious amount of work so I may not bother, I hope it's nothin too serious

no its the whole heater unit. i dont think that its too hard to change as ive never changed one with the dash in place.

postage will be quite alot, where do you live? ill get a quote on postage and let you know. as for the heater i only want £15 for it.

Taking the dash out is the easiest way to check it all over :) Doesn't take long to remove, unless you've got electrics like mine stuffed under there!

Back