Coincidence??

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Arrg. My windscreen has a crack in it! :down:

I can't believe this, its so annoying. I heard a crack on the way back from Portsmouth yesterday.... Right after i'd fitted my strut brace!!

Now im pretty sure it'd have just been a stone or something, theres no reason why having a strut brace would crack a windscreen??? Is there!? Its a pretty hefty 10cm or so crack, from the bottom corner under the passenger side windscreen wiper.

Where can I get a replacement Super S windscreen :/?

Having a bad day.

Any screen will do. You may need it fitted by somone who has experience however. You will also most likely need a new window surround or youll find that it may leak.

Ed

mate that is some serious bad luck i have one of those rubbers in the send if you want it.

was nice to meet ya again didnt get much chance at the meet

Yeh but I'd like to get it replaced with the tinted Super S windscreen, so it looks like i'll have to buy new.

Could this be caused by jacking the car incorrectly?

Why a super S screen? Thats daft imo, NEW from nissan your going to pay a FORTUNE. Its most likely caused by a stone chip.

exactly what i said on msn ed

thats a good price considering on most fully comp policies its a 50 quid excess

is that with fitting?

Polarisers

If you dont wear polarised sun specs than any will do, but a toughened (heat treated) screen will apear oily & patterned (brewsters' fringes) to look through and can screw up your vision of the road ahead if you have polarised lenses....

in this case a laminated (reinforced with plastic layer) would be the best .

I think most new screans are laminated but some older screens ar toughened so watch out if you're considering swapping out a good screen from an other car if you wear polarisers

Back