Clock Question

Hi @LL

Quick one this time :)

I am about to change the clock or timer what ever you call it....what do I have to do to keep my original mileage on it ?

if that is digital then the milage stays with the clock their may be a way to chang it im unsure i just know the milage is stored on the clocks

dont know where you are in ireland but here is a link for you

http://www.logicautomotive.ie/speedom

if they aren't local then have a google for digi dash repairs or anything along those lines
i had milage altered on a previous car with a digi dash is cost me £25 if i took it to them
the guy was amazed as i asked him to add 28000 miles onto the clocks he said that wasn't the norm.
some dashboards can be adjusted from the obd connector on others you have to connect directly onto
the back of the speedo clock the milage can be altered to any thing you want.
remember its illegal to adjust the milage to profit from it.

to do that and keep the same millage you will need to have milage correction done on your clocks, although it is not illiagle to have the wrong millage on your clocks in this country so long as you state it at your mot and if you sell the car the new owner must be told the exact correct millage and they need to be given a reason as to why the clocks were changed because this is known as clocking other wise.

its far better to have the milage corrected so you know where you are with servicing and more importantly cam belts ( i know micra's have chains)

yeah its a better idea but it can be pricey :) worth it though, i looked at it as i was going to change my clocks out as i wanted a rev counter but the connecter on the back dident fit so i just put in an external rev counter :p

Back