Clearing air filters

Maccy

Young K11-er!
My k11 is really slow at clearing the windscreen in the morning and I'm thinking the filters need clearing. Don't want to pay a garage to do it so can anyone run me through getting access to the air blower/thingys?

please dont take offence mate as its not meant to ok; but the engine needs to be hot to allow warm air to enter the vents and demist your window. so is it anything to do with waiting for engine to warm or when engine has warmed up (temp gauge needle will be in the middle) its still taking its time demisting??

sorry

I'm not sure what filters would stop the windscreen clearing quicker - surely this is a heater/ventilation issue?

The air filter filters the air that's entering the throttle body (to allow the correct air/fuel ratio) & has nothing to do with the heater/ventilation system. I don't think a blocked air filter would affect how long it takes for the car to warm up either - I'm confused :confused:

I'm not sure what filters would stop the windscreen clearing quicker - surely this is a heater/ventilation issue?

The air filter filters the air that's entering the throttle body (to allow the correct air/fuel ratio) & has nothing to do with the heater/ventilation system. I don't think a blocked air filter would affect how long it takes for the car to warm up either - I'm confused :confused:

Some cars have pollen filters for the interior air system, this is the one I thought he might have meant, but afaik the k11 doesnt use them.

Sorry, I think I wasn't using the correct terminology yesterday, was knackered.

Filters is the wrong word, and I can't think of the name I'm after - air blowers that clear the windscreen. I'm pretty sure they're not pushing enough air through as they were before, therefore making the windscreen take longer to clear. When I first got the car the windscreen would be clear in a few minutes but now it's taking a good 10 minutes to be completely clear.

I know what you mean, I had this prob, an air duct had fallen off. I was also getting bits of foam flying out from somewhere.

I think having the air con on helps clearing the window (if you've got it!) Maybe one of your vents or something is blocked, like a pay and display ticket fallen down there.

Sadly I have no air con - but that weighs the car down anyway!

What's the best way to go about clearing the vents?

anyone ever tried putting a more powerful heater in? whilst the heater relies on the engine being hot surely you could get more heating power in there after all a car battery is a car battery.

Im going to plug my mums hair dryer in 2mora see wot happens :glance:

Back