Charlotte's day with the Inspector

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
Well I took her to Regency today (SA Car Roadworthy). All good with the exception that I have to remove the tinting :(

Typical SA authority has the strictest regulations for luminance transmittence (min 35% for windows behind the driver and 70% for infront [front doors]). These are 23% all round. It's all bull**** really because SA has no RWC - So I will strip them off in the morning, go back in, get the tick then get the tinting re-done. :D

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
The fact that it is such good quality makes it all the more painful to have to do it! Mind you I half expected this to happen - I guess I was hoping they'd cut me some slack. The irony is my insurance company does not have a problem with it being on (I have made a couple of claims previously on cars with full 35% tint). Seems like a waste of time and my money :[

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
HAHAHAHAHA............ no need to get personal now. hehehe i know he did you wrong, but the rest of the forum is innocent. Maybe you'd like to fill the rest of the forum in on the "INSTALLER"?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"Yom WROTE:<BR><BR>"23%!?!! lol<BR><BR>I didnt take into account the standard tint... :p<BR><BR>Did you like how all the tint comes off? Minimal glue residue. Fantastic quality tint!"</DIV><BR><BR>wish i could say the same for the installer.

Haha! I had to get the 2 rear windows redone because they had some grit under them.

Apart from that its one of the better tint applications I've seen.. My interior wasnt cut to shreds afterwards for starters. Last 2 patrols have had quite a few visible airbubbles and slices in the rubbers where they've cut with the scalpel.

Back